Monday, April 28, 2008

Today I celebrate my fourteenth anniversary with Diamond, so I figured a little looking back was in order...


14 years ago: Everything Diamond owned could fit in the back of his Nissan. Not too hard when the entirety of his possessions consisted of a pile of laundry and two basketballs.
Today: It took two trips in a 17 foot U-Haul to move everything we own into the new house.
*
14 years ago: I looked lovingly into Diamond's beautiful blue eyes.
Today: I look lovingly into the beautiful blue eyes of my two boys (Big Boy #2's eyes come from my side of the family - and yes, I look lovingly into his eyes as well.)
*
14 years ago: I could go 300 miles in my little Honda Hatchback for $18 in gas.
Today: I can go 300 miles in my big SUV for $65 in gas. Ouch!
*
14 years ago: We were headed to the Caribbean for our honeymoon
Today: (OK, tomorrow.) We're heading to Laramie with the boys. Boy have our standards for exciting trips gone downhill!
*
14 years ago: I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with Diamond
Today: I would pick him over and over again.
*
In fourteen years of marriage, we've had three children, four homes, five cars and six employers. We've had countless disagreements, countless kisses and countless memories. And I wouldn't change a thing - well, maybe that trip to Laramie could be spiced up a bit...
*
Here's to you Babe!

12 comments:

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary to ya!!!!

Sitting In Silence said...

Hi
Saw your name on a few blogs that I read so thought I would pop on over....

Love your lastes post....

Great blog !

Danielle.

Vern said...

let me get this straight, your husband spent your anniversary with my husband at a Nuggets game?

Brittany said...

That is awsome, congratulations to you both!!

Martha said...

Don't tell me that Mr. Vern and Diamond are cheating on you two? OMG...no way! That's simply not possible.........

ganelle said...

Yes, my lovely husband spent our anniversary with your lovely husband. And me? I'm on my way to Laramie. Something is DEFINITELY wrong here!

tz said...

happy anniversary...and you look exactly the same 14 years later...how do you do it!

Aimee said...

Happy Anniversary a little late. Don't feel too bad, at least he was home at night, right? Ours is next Friday and he is supposed to leave for Japan that day. Happy, happy.

Vern said...

I'm thinking of all kinds of jokes that involve the words "slam dunk", but I'm practicing the exercise of discretion. How am I doing?

Mom of Three said...

Whatever on your trip to Laramie! I recall that just a year ago you went on an extended cruise to the Carribean!!! Happy Anniversary!

Dodi said...

Congratulations!! 14 years is no small accomplishment!

FOX said...

That was beautiful!