Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Handprints!

I have always wanted to put the boys hand prints into fresh cement.

When we were building the house and they poured the driveway I thought it was the perfect opportunity. Ever the realist, Diamond was concerned that if something fell through, we'd be liable for "ruining" their cement. He did have a point.

But we've long ago closed on the house and are now working on the yard. They poured the patio today and the foreman told me that I had half an hour to put in hand prints if we so desired.

My first reaction was "But the big boys are in school, the Caboose is napping, and I'm in the middle of a church meeting! What lousy timing. Such a shame!" Then my very wise counselors, (I think there's a reason they are called 'counselors'), told to me wake up the baby, pull the boys out of school, and end the meeting early - hmm, maybe there was an alternative motive working here? But, as one of the women said "This is a chance to make a memory."


So, I pulled the boys out,
woke up the baby,
and ended the meeting.


and here we have it...

4 comments:

Mom of Three said...

Holy Moly...the caboose's hand print is almost as big as the middle one's! Wish I had done that.

Lorie said...

It's one of those things you will never regret, like going through the circus of taking a family photo. Braiden (Caboose? is it?)looks less than happy that he got woken up from his nap for... that.

Vern said...

Soooo...looks like Brady thought it was a good idea too.

Dodi said...

Good for you. I am proud of your spontaneity.... not enough of that in this world!