Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Big Boy!

The other day the Caboose had wondered off to play. I found him in the bathroom with his diaper off and his pants around his ankles. He quickly gave me a grunt of disapproval, shoved me out of the bathroom and proceed to slam the door shut.

This is how the conversation went in my head:
Reasonable mom: Hmm. Maybe it's time for the potty chair?
Crazy mom: Can't be - he's BARELY two!
Cheap mom: Think of all the diapers we won't have to buy!
Sentimental mom: But, he's my BABY! I'm not sure I'm ready to be out of diapers!
Reasonable mom: But if he's ready, who am I to slow him down?
Crazy mom: I'm his mother, that's who!

And so the conversation went. I decided to pull out the potty chair, which he seemed to enjoy sitting on - just sitting on.


Then tonight, while I was changing his diaper and getting him ready for bed, he said "Potty Chair." OK, I thought, we'll go sit on the chair, blah, blah, blah.

Then he actually peed in the potty chair. WHAT?!?

So, he got a handful of candy, several celebratory cheers, and a woman who isn't too sure which mom she should be.


6 comments:

Mom of Three said...

Just focus on that "no buying diapers" thing, and go out to celebrate with your fine friends to celebrate with the money you will save!

Dodi said...

Well, at least he'll be potty trained before the next child arrives! You ARE planning on at least 8 children, right?

(...says the mother of two... who finds even that small number overwhelming....)

Brittany said...

Jump all over it, I say adios to the diapers for good!!
Glad to see you blogging out there, it is the best way for me to keep up on everyone's lives and not have to be calling, or e-mailing all the time.

Lorie said...

We have the same potty chair!! Good luck w/ it. We are training Drew right now, too. It's a blast!

tz said...

Are you saying that having three moms in your head is weird?

par for the course in my brain...

Vern said...

I'm kinda partial to crazy mom. You know, strength in numbers and all.