Monday, April 14, 2008

Say Goodbye!

The days of muddy shoes are quickly coming to an end!


The landscapers have arrived, ready to transform our pile of dirt/mud into an actual yard. I can't wait!

However, I wasn't prepared for the landscaper to up-sell me on the retaining wall. That's right people, I am now spending about 20% more on landscaping than I thought I was when I woke up this morning. I knew to be afraid when signing up for the Internet, but I thought by getting a bid in advance for the yard I would be safe. Apparently not.
.
But it should be beautiful. And mud-free!

6 comments:

Martha said...

Just tell yourself you'll be thankful to have it done right the first time instead of discovering later on that the retaining idea was more than just something pretty and an unnecessary add-on!

tz said...

oooh, can't wait to see pictures!

Mom of Three said...

Can't wait to come to a BBQ in your new backyard!

Mom of Three said...

By the way that was a very big hint!

Dodi said...

20% more is a small price to pay for perfection, right? Besides, your husband would probably be so mad at you for NOT spending the extra money for the extra great yard.

At least that is what I tell myself about my husband....

ganelle said...

Sure, just as long as that 20% more isn't our entire budget for this year's family vacation. Good thing we got those free plane tickets in Vegas!

And Mom of 3 - We will definitely BBQ!