I've decided to take the Facebook Challenge back to my blog, so here goes:
1. I am NOT a morning person. I wake up slowly and usually a bit grouchy.
2. I LOVE to travel. I have been to over a dozen countries and all but six states.
3. Diet Coke with Lemon and extra ice from Sonic is my treat on a bad (or good) day.
4. While I have now lived in the west for as long as I lived in NY, I still consider myself an easterner. I love the sarcasm and honesty of the east.
5. I love to teach. I taught eight years of high school social studies and can’t wait to return. There is something magical about watching a mind stretch.
6. I am a big reader. I read all types of books, but my favorites are historically based.
7. The beach fills my soul. I could spend hours standing by the water, listening to the waves and feeling the air. I hate that we’re so far away from the ocean.
8. Believe it or not, I was really, really shy as a child. .
9. I am a bit of a dare devil. I’ve parasailed, bungee jumped, cliff jumped and white water rafted.
10. I love learning. I am a very curious person, and turn into an information junkie whenever I am faced with a problem.
11. I have tasted poo. It was NOT tasty.
12. I can’t stand clutter. Dirty doesn’t bother me so much, but clutter makes me crazy.
13. I’m opinionated. I work at not bowling people over with my views, but when I feel strongly about something I can come on a bit strong.
14. My favorite day of the entire year is Christmas Eve. It always feels so magical and mysterious. I’d take Christmas Eve over Christmas day anytime.
15. I love looking through old scrapbooks and photo albums. I’ve scrapbooked all of my life, all of Dave’s life and most of the kids. (Although I’ve really fallen behind over the last few years.)
16. I seem to put my foot in my mouth - a lot – and then I agonize over it after the fact.
17. I don’t eat very healthy. I’ve got a bad sweet tooth, and I give it way too much control.
18. I enjoy humor and I respect hard work. Dave is both, that’s at least part of the reason I married him.
19. When I was in high school, I became an exchange student and lived in Norway for a summer.
20. One of my favorite parts of being a mom is cuddling with my boys. I also love how much my kids make me laugh.
21. I have a really loud voice that carries over a crowd. Helpful when teaching, not so helpful in many other settings.
22. I hate my size 11 feet.
23. I’m paranoid when it comes to my kids and trust very few people with them. I worry constantly that awful things could happen to them.
24. I love voting – regardless of the results. I pull my kids out of school so they can vote with me and then I get choked up as I explain to them how grateful I feel for that privilege.
25. I could never go on a low-carb diet. I have been known to make a meal out of nothing more than bread, cookies, crackers etc.