Monday, February 16, 2009

The Beach

Growing up in New York, our family vacations were often spent along the Atlantic Coast. I loved it! We'd play in the waves and the sand all day, and then stay up late playing games and eating snacks It was heaven.


To this day, there is something about the beach that brings me back to my childhood.
While we have had the opportunity to take the boys to the beach a time or two, it's been awhile.

2008: Other than our annual migration to see family in Utah, we didn't get much of family vacation in - too much time and money was being devoted to putting in a yard.

2007: Between preparing our house to sell, looking for a new home, living in my parents basement, moving into our new home, etc. we were too consumed to work in a good family trip.

I have been itching for a family vacation, like the kind I had when I was kid, for a good while now. This past week, Diamond booked everything for our family to go here:

I CAN NOT WAIT!!! The thought of seeing the boys playing in the surf, reading a good book on the beach, and enjoying late night games and snacks...

112 days and counting.

7 comments:

FOX said...

As soon as my jealousy dies down, I am going to be sooooo excited for you!!!! You need one of those little countdown things on your blog!!!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

WOO-HOO!!! I am so excited for you and your boys! One thing I wish I did before I took my kids to the beach... teach them beach etiquette... Aaron shook out his towel right in the faces of the people behind us. They weren't too happy about it... :)

Cheryl said...

I don't like you right now...I'm way too jealous! Where is this beach?

Anonymous said...

cute pictures of you - love 'em

Jennifer said...

Your boys look so much like you did when you were young! Same little cute face!

Your trip sounds wonderful!

Mom of Three said...

I wish that we were going too! My kids keep bugging us that we haven't been to the beach in a looong time. I'm right there with you, punky nose, on the childhood thing :)

Dodi said...

That farm animal bathing suit was a winner!

NOTHING is greater than the sound of the ocean. It is the most comforting sound on earth.