Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake!

Last night was the Blue and Gold Banquet - celebrating the Cub Scout program. In keeping with tradition, our pack had it's annual Father/Son cake decorating contest. This is what Diamond and Big Boy #1 came up with:

Pretty cool, huh? A pirate's chest, complete with candy treasure. Here's a close up:
I figured we were a shoe-in for Most Creative. That was until we got there.

There was a race track cake like this:

A fishbowl cake that looked a lot like this:
And even a airplane cake that looked just like this:

And the crazy part was that none of those cakes won most creative. Ours included.

The cake the won Most Creative was a WORKING volcano cake. There was a cup in the center of the volcano that had water and dry ice billowing away. It really did look cool.

On the drive home, Diamond was talking about next year. "What you need is some kind of robotics in your cake. If we could just figure out how to make part of the cake move..."

Umm, good luck with that honey. But I think I'm giving up!

9 comments:

Alex said...

that's hillarious. working moving parts...
sounds like the one I saw on food network tv!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your cake guys!

My second favorite that you pictured is the fishbowl. Very creative!

Martha said...

Look at the bright side, at least their creation didn't land on www.cakewrecks.com (not always suitable for young children but HILARIOUS for the grown ups)

And by the way, what a fun tradition! :)

Garity said...

Hmmm, may have to steal this idea for our cub scouts. Kris and I have been trying to figure out activities for our cub scouts (we only have 6 of them and 2 are ours!). We decided to add Tiger cubs so we could add another boy but trying to get activities that are interesting for ages 7-11 is hard...this would be perfect!!!!!!

FOX said...

NO THE FREAK WAY!!!!!! That is toooo funny!!! Ok... I am in!!! I going to keep my eyes open for moving parts!!!!!

Great job guys!!!!

Cheryl said...

All I have to say is, we're looking for someone to make Cambry's B-Day cake are you up for the job? Bytheway, I really do miss you guys!!!!

Mom of Three said...

I think that the cake looks really cool! Way to go Diamond and BB#1!

Lorie said...

What the crap??? Makes you realize how truly psycotic we (as Mormons) can be... I mean seriously!!!! Then there's the pinewood derby....that's a different blog.

Vern said...

When you say, "This is what Diamond and BB#1 came up with", don't you really mean, "This is what I looked up on the internet that I thought they could pull off without my help"?