Saturday, April 5, 2008

Confession

OK, so I'm ready to admit WHY I have started to blog.

Have you ever googled yourself? While it may sound like something dirty, it's really just about seeing what comes up when you put your name into a search engine. Unfortunately, what comes up when you google ganelle green or ganelle smith is this (class of '96: note the oh-so-flattering picture along the side.)

Several years ago my friend (?) and I got into a practical joke thing. I put a "For Sale"sign up in her yard while she was out of town, she convinced me that my car had been stolen, I hid photocopied pictures of myself throughout her house - some that she didn't find for over a year - and she submitted my name and picture to my college alumni magazine. ha. ha.

Thing of it is that once you submit something like that, it apparently NEVER GOES AWAY. So, here I am, some five plus years later, and when you google my name, all that comes up is this nasty old picture. Thanks Kris.

In a vain effort to counteract this, I have decided to put out a blog. Maybe if some old friend/roommate/student decided to google me, there would be something out in the cyberworld that is a bit more flattering than my friend's submission to BYU Alumni Magazine.

Now, is there any way to get Google to withdrawal the BYU link???

6 comments:

Vern said...

talk about the gift that keeps on giving! Oh, and you're welcome.

Mom of Three said...

Whatever it took to get you to blog is fine with me.

Martha said...

Yep...whatever it takes to get you to cross over to the dark side!

Great seeing you today...I'm still snickering about how you told your oldest "it's coffee cake, but it's ok, you can have some!". How very presidential of you! :)

Martha said...

Oh, and amazingly enough, when you google Martha Chang...up pops some famous film person that is...get this ASIAN...imagine that!

ganelle said...

Martha: Who wudda thunk it?

Randi said...

That's too funny!!
I love the picture idea, too!