Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Good News

Apparently, when you forget that you put your cell phone on the roof of your car because you need to strap in your squirming two-year-old, and then drive away not realizing that you left your phone on the roof for some three blocks, and then hit your brakes REALLY hard because you suddenly remember said cell phone, and then your cell phone goes flying through the air...

Apparently, your phone may still work. Amazing!

The book is fine as well.

And the card.

At least I didn't leave my child on the roof.

(I once dated a boy who barely graduated from a fancy private high school. He was so excited to find an ACTUAL diploma in his diploma case. That excitement lasted until he realized that he had left the diploma on the roof of his car. On the way home from graduation. Which blew away. Never to be seen again.)

Maybe they should not have given him that diploma after all...
Maybe I should have never been entrusted with a cell phone...

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ganelle!! I saw a link to your blog on Kristi's blog. You are a very animated writer! So do you feel like I'm totally stalking you by reading your blog w/o your permission? What can I say? I love the Greens!
www.chinacaltons.blogspot.com
Don't act like I'm ever going to forget what you did with the tassel lanterns at Ginger's baby shower... Madonna, she'd be so impressed.

tz said...

I left my wallet on the top of my car once with a bunch of cash (grocery day) and someone found it and called me and everything was left in it! I love it when people prove there is goodness out there!

I'm not sure I should be trusted with a phone myself...or even children...

Unknown said...

Hello Ganelle! I found your link through Rebecca's blog. Darnit, we miss you guys!

Dodi said...

Oh Ganelle, always always always remember to drop your cell phone in to the "map pocket" that is on the back of the drivers seat when you are strapping children in to the car. That way when you hear it ringing you can go absolutely crazy trying to figure out where that darn thing is!

Martha said...

The important thing is that you didn't leave da baby on the roof and strap the cell phone in the car seat. THAT My dear, well...we'd sort of have to deny knowing you if that happens...fair weather friends that we are!

ganelle said...

Suzanne, all stalkers are welcome - well, not ALL. The really creepy kind that force me to refer to my children by nicknames- those types are NOT welcome.
Old family and friends, come sit at your computer with me, and enjoy a laugh at my expense. Ahhh...