Thursday, September 4, 2008

S is for School

After two and a half months of summer break, the boys are BACK IN SCHOOL!

I did my best to begin summer with some structure and a positive attitude. We had daily chores and daily activities. However, it seemed that the positive attitude began to wane about the same time that our schedule fell apart. The Olympics did us in, and the last two weeks have felt really, um, long.

But as of today they are back into a routine. And tonight, for the first time in months, the boys were sound asleep by 8:30.

Who ever said that Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year?

5 comments:

Vern said...

ASLEEP BY 8:30???!!! What did you put in their drink at dinner? There's laws against that kind of thing, but don't worry. Of all people, I'm not about to report you.

Martha said...

I think this falls under the life category of "be careful what you wish for" because I'm coming to dislike the shorter breaks that come with year round school. But, would I want them around and under foot ALL summer? I'm not so sure...

Enjoy your solitude and Aimee and I promise not to bug you too much with our annoying interuptions!

Aimee said...

Hey, at least our interruptions were when they were in school and not during homework time.

I love Vern, she is so my hero right now. I so want to meet her, so we can dog on you!!!

DH still misses you though!! :)

Glad to hear your house is okay, we were driving around that day!

Garity said...

Remember that Staples comercial that had the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" playing as the parents were gliding through the store on the carts all happy while the kids were trudging behind? I think of that comercial at each start of the school year because that is Kris and I. I think it's those last few weeks of the summer that are the hardest because the "I'm BOREDs!" are the loudest.

tz said...

oooh a school bus even...my boys would be so jealous