Thursday, August 21, 2008

So It Continues

A couple months ago I found the blog of one of my old boyfriends (aka: the Missionary). I had a ton of fun learning about him and his family, until I noticed a site monitor had been added. I called my friend Vern worried that he might know that I had been on his blog. (Not that it really mattered, but I would feel kinda stupid.) After talking to some technical people, I became comfortable that I was in the clear. However, my curiosity had been satiated, and I didn't want to get caught lurking, so I haven't been back since. All's well and good.

Until Tuesday. I got an email from the Missionary. Apparently, he had seen that I had visited his blog and was wondering how I was doing. So BUSTED! So I again called my friend Vern and took her feedback in composing a response. It was all very light, very friendly, and Diamond knew all about it. Then I got his reply:
Well, I haven't quite adopted the enthusiasm of blogging as much as my wife has, but I’ve managed to catch up with a few friends. So, your husband sounds pretty important and successful. Is that why you chose him over me? I was pretty devastated when it didn’t work out between us. My wife is great and everything, but to speak candidly she’s only second best.

Your kids look cuter than mine, too. I know that my wife paints a pretty happy picture on our family blog, but it’s pretty much a façade. On my darkest days I get out old pictures of you and I in college and imagine what might have been, but I know that’s not very healthy. I had a little bit of counseling which helped for a while, and then I saw your picture in the BYU alumni magazine and saw that you hadn’t changed a bit and it brought back old feelings. At least I don’t put that picture under my pillow anymore.

Even though I don’t contribute much to the family blog, I have a secret blog that no one else knows about that’s dedicated to you. I guess it’s okay to tell you about it since you’re the only who will know! The web address is: http://www.iloveganelle.blogspot.com/

If you left a comment it would absolutely make my day!!!

Still Love you,
The Missionary
See, and I thought the practical joke war had faded... Hmmm. What shall I do next???

13 comments:

Garity said...

Oh my goodness that was so mean VERN! You got Ganelle good. You even had me going until I got to the end of the post.

Dodi said...

Oh, she is GOOD!!!! That is so funny, it totally had me going.

I want her to be my new best friend, except for the joke war part.

FOX said...

Ganelle,
FYI... if you lurk on "the missionaries" site through "google reader", it is not traceable. The analytics counter won't even show it as a hit, let alone your location.

FOX said...

btw... I love the practical joke war!! It is sooooo enjoyable to see jokes played when they are on someone else!!!

What did Diamond think of that letter before you knew it was a joke?

Anonymous said...

What if "the Missionary" is scamming your blog. How'd ya think he'd feel? Knowing that he's the butt of your practical jokes.

jk :@

ganelle said...

Fox: LOVE the tip! What/where is the google reader? Do I just type in the address in my bar? Can't it at least identify city?
Diamond was SOO funny! He got all scrunchy faced and said "WHAT THE FETCH!" I was on to the joke by the beginning of the second paragraph. But I admit to being suckered until then!

Tyler: I can't decide if he would be flattered or horrified. Maybe a bit of both?

BTW: I'm totally taking suggestions for retaliation!

Mom of Three said...

I can just picture Diamond! Poor guy to be thrown into the middle of it all. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when both of you were reading it!

allison said...

SOOO glad i don't live in the same town with you! you guys go all out, you both are evil...she even had me going there for a minute!
what does diamond think of all this?:)

ganelle said...

Diamond is totally fine with it all. He has been watching this prank war for over ten years now. (Even helping Vern get me a time or two!)

As to the fact that this latest joke is all about an old boyfriend - he could care less. I told him all about finding the web site, the first email, etc. We are happily married, and he sees no threat in this. However, he did get suckered in - really believing the email. So funny, but all good!

Suzanne said...

Ganelle,
www.anonymouse.com
If you go to this site, it will ask which language you'd like. Click on English. Then you'll see a blank space on the screen in which you could enter any site you'd like. You are not traced through any trackers this way, it is anonymous surfing. We use it all the time when we can't access blogs here in china. I have a site tracker. The only way people know if you have clicked into their blog is if you are first logged in to your google account, or if you have your password saved on your account (so you don't log in each time) then it will show up on the tracker. Otherwise, it will just pull up as Denver, Co. Or Los Angles, CA... where ever you live.

However, if you use anonymouse, it will never track any place, in fact, if it does, it will be scrambled, and put in a bogus city... like somewhere in Belgium.

Knowing that, you could have some serious fun on Vern's blog... quick, erase this comment! LOL

Suzanne said...

Ganelle,
www.anonymouse.com
If you go to this site, it will ask which language you'd like. Click on English. Then you'll see a blank space on the screen in which you could enter any site you'd like. You are not traced through any trackers this way, it is anonymous surfing. We use it all the time when we can't access blogs here in china. I have a site tracker. The only way people know if you have clicked into their blog is if you are first logged in to your google account, or if you have your password saved on your account (so you don't log in each time) then it will show up on the tracker. Otherwise, it will just pull up as Denver, Co. Or Los Angles, CA... where ever you live.

However, if you use anonymouse, it will never track any place, in fact, if it does, it will be scrambled, and put in a bogus city... like somewhere in Belgium.

Knowing that, you could have some serious fun on Vern's blog... quick, erase this comment! LOL

Brittany said...

It was the hair I tell you, I was thinking oh crap now what to do, this guy sounds like he has an issue, it was too funny to check it out!!

tz said...

I am so glad I'm not drinking my coffee right now, I would have spit it all over my computer....I think I love your friend, she's very very clever! I could never think of things like that!

Hope you got a good chuckle over that!