Monday, August 18, 2008

Why I Haven't Blogged

Every spare minute that I've had over the last five days has been spent reading Breaking Dawn. I was reading while I putting on my makeup in the morning, (if I've looked particularly scary, now you know why) reading while cooking dinner, and even reading while half watching Michael Phelps win his eighth gold medal. So here's my review:

I liked it. I've never really considered the Twilight series to be great literature, and Breaking Dawn is certainly no exception. However, Meyers seems to pull you into her storyline and keep you interested. It was a bit slower than the first and third in the series, with the climax of the story not forcing me to sit upright and yell at the book (yes, I've done that in the past.) I have to say that I like Bella a lot more in this book than in all of the others. She is normally so foolish and sappy. The sappy parts in Breaking Dawn were too much for my liking, but she was a lot less annoying.

The good news about the book is that all of my questions were answered: Edward or Jacob? Why can't Edward hear her thoughts? Will she turn into a vampire? etc. After reading four books, I was going to be really irritated if Meyer's left those questions unanswered. I'm happy to say I won't have to write some nasty note to her publisher.

I've heard Stephanie Meyer is going to be rewriting Twilight from Edward's point of view. But until that book comes out, does anyone have a recommendation on what I should read next?

6 comments:

allison said...

I'm almost finished reading it myself. i do have to agree that Bella is a lot less annoying in this one, i couldn't handle her in the others. i'm not a die hard fan of the whole series, but it they have been good easy reads!

other suggestions for you...Pope Joan and Kathrine were two good books that I've read recently.

Mom of Three said...

If you want something along those lines, I'm reading "City of Bones" which does have sequel "City of Ashes". It is about demon hunters. I can't tell if I like it or not, but I keep reading it, so it can't be too bad. Also loved "City of Ember" and "Village of Sparks", and yes I do seen to be reading a lot of books with city in the title. Hope that helps!

Suzanne said...

Have you read The Host yet? What do you think of that? China doesn't have Stephanie Meyer's books, so I'm druling reading your post right now!!

I wish it wasn't her last book. I've heard people request a 4th just about Bella's life after Breaking Dawn. I think it's a great idea.

Cheryl said...

I can't put the silly book down either...it's keeping me up late at night with little sleep. I also need some new reading material.

Rachel and Steve said...

I completly agree with everything you said about the book, especially about all your questions being answered. That was what I was most worried about. I think her career would of been in jeopardy if she had left stuff unanswered or if things ended up bad for Edward or Jacob. Us morman gals definatly would of sent many complaints her way!

Anonymous said...

secured charak labvyomkesh stick agendathe greatly lissajous inflows camcorder hondurasif yeva
lolikneri havaqatsu