Thursday, July 31, 2008

Prank Wars

I was going to write all about my practical joke war with my friend Kristy, but she beat me to it. So here's an excerpt of her entry:

But I have to say, my crowning accomplishment came when I submitted an outdated picture along with a cheesy update to her college alumni magazine without her knowledge, AND THEY PUBLISHED IT!! We’re still not sure how many ex-boyfriends witnessed this section in the magazine, but I’m confident it’s enough to satiate me my entire life. To retaliate, she secretly made a copy of my house key, then used it when we were on vacation to change our answering machine message, replace every photo in my home with her picture (as well as hiding a total of 140 copies throughout the house), and put our home up for sale. She got two phone calls from interested buyers. Not bad.

I was finding photos of her for months. A year afterward I got out our Pack ‘N Play for a friend who was visiting with her baby and found another copy, and I was pretty sure that was the last one. Until today. I was cleaning out my crawl space when I found what has to be the final picture, discovered inside a box that held a Christmas Tree Stand that we no longer use.

It’s been FOUR YEARS. I cannot believe she braved the dark and creepy crawl space! Then again, we’ve never been much for understanding boundaries. Perhaps that’s another reason we get along so well.


Not bad, if I say so myself!!!

If you'd like to read about more of our jokes, or see the picture Kristy found, click here,

3 comments:

FOX said...

Holy crud, your friend Kristy sounds as fun as my friend Christy that I blogged about. (In that post with my cool 80's hair!!!) Rock on!!

The pranks are awesome and I definitely want in on one!!!!!

Vern said...

Last night, WHILE AT THE TEMPLE, a couple in my ward came up to me and said, "Hey, we read your blog today about the Prank Wars. It makes me feel like I've never had any fun in my life!" So I guess there's that. Here's to MORE FUN! Now, what's your email password again...?

tz said...

the picture thing was very clever!