Monday, July 28, 2008

Class of '88 Rulz!

*Thanks to Garity, I have reloaded the pictures, so that you can click on them and get a closer look. Really, how else will you be able to make fun of Diamond?*
Flying two people to Seattle: $600
Two nights hotel: $150
Eating out for three days: $150
Tickets to the IHS Class of '88 Reunion: $150

Going to your twentieth high school reunion: Not Worth It.

Diamond's 20th reunion was this past weekend. We added up the numbers and decided not to go. I figured if we were going to be spending over $1,000 on a trip, it would have to include a warm beach. Diamond went back and forth, but decided that if he hadn't bothered kept track of those people for twenty-ish years, it couldn't be all that important.

However, in honor of the Interlake Saints, I thought I would hold a mini-reunion right here. So, some excerpts from Diamond's yearbook:

"Well Skywalker here it is! (Yeah, his nickname in high school was Skywalker. Think more basketball, and less Star Wars.) The END OF THE YEAR! Well man it's off to BYU now!" -Greg
*
"Sky, You are one crazy guy.
You made it through,
and now your gonna become a full time Morm
at BYWho." - Lowell
*
"You're a super special person, even though you are a Morm. Thank you so much for prom!" -Nicole
*
"Sharing a locker with you and Miller was fun." -Scott

I couldn't really finish this blog without at least some pictures of Diamond's senior year!

Diamond is on the bottom, far right

Diamond is second from the left

So, here's to you, Class of 1988! Now, I'm going to take that $1,000+ and plan a trip to the beach...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree completely. To spend $1K on a trip to see people you spent three or four years with and haven't seen for 20 years since, is just not worth it.

The next time you go to the PNW on your own terms, call the few friends you do care about and say "Hi."

Besides, wouldn't it be much better to spend that CASH on your wife instead? Or, maybe your favorite brother-in-law in Spanish Fork? ;}

P.S. MAN, YOU'RE OLD!!! (jk)

Martha said...

You had me worried there for a moment as I thought "I need to find her secrets for such affordable lodging/dining!"...but now I see, theoretical costs!

When/what beach are you spending your saved money on?

*and will it have bridges/cliffs for your crazy young things to jump off of?

cjnichols said...

So, I am loving your blog... if I could only hire you to do mine!! You are a natural!
You've got to help me convince Jody and Jamie to get on the blog bandwagon (not that I am a good blog example)!
I agree - forget HS. College is where you met all the cool people! :D

FOX said...

Awesome post!!! Diamond you are groovy to the max!

Mom of Three said...

I agree with the decision. What beach are you going to go to now that you have "saved" all that money? Love the prom pic!

Cheryl said...

i guess Dave did save his prom picture from drowning afterall...few, I'm so relieved!

Aimee said...

We didn't attend either of ours. But then, I wasn't invited. Does tht say something???

tz said...

I realized I shouldn't attend mine when I got a call from like three different people who couldn't wait to see me and I HAD NO IDEA WHO THEY WERE....

but then my highschool years were pretty ummm, well let's just say it would have been a surprise to everyone that I ended up a suburban housewife...hahaha

Garity said...

Ok, did you break the links to the bigger pictures on purpose? I can't enlarge any of them to see Diamond! ARGH! Ok, if you didn't do it on purpose you may have broken them while you were sliding them around your post using the 'compose' section, sometimes this happens. Once you download a pic, use the 'edit html' tab to place the pic through cut and paste so the links stay with the pictures.

It's easier to use the 'compose' layout but unless someone else out there knows another way to move pictures in the 'compose' layout rather than dragging them around, this has been the only way I've found to do it where the links have never been broken. Sometimes I can drag them but other times they break...wish I were a computer genius so this all made sense to me.

Vern said...

"Skywalker" is better than "P.O. Man", which I just learned was Cory's nickname on the basketball team because he would get so mad if they lost.

ganelle said...

Tyler: Yes. He is old. Very, very old.

Martha: I'm thinking Florida? We have two free round-trip tickets, and Disneyland/Atlantic Ocean is calling me. Now, we will go in Oct. or March???

Jerri: Amen! Love my college friends!

Aimee: I won't say what it means that you weren't invited to your reunion, but, um, I'm SURE it has nothing to do with YOU!

TZ: I want to hear MORE!

Garrity: Thanks SOOO much for the tip! That has bugged me for so long, and yet I had no idea how to get around it. You rock!

Vern: Knowing Cory, I would think he would have preferred Skywalker. But he would've been all about the Star Wars.

Rachel and Steve said...

We just went to Steve's 20th reunion this past weekend...oh so not worth it! Luckly we are here in Colorado already so no money spent on airfare or lodging but the 160.00 for a crapy buffet dinner was a joke!! Good call Ganelle and Diamond!