Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blankie

The Caboose LOVES his blankie. It's got yummy, thick, fleece on one side and silk on the other. We always know when he's getting tired because he will ask for his blankie and start sucking his thumb.


Recognizing this, Santa wisely brought a back-up blanket. However, sometime between Christmas and the 4th of July, the original blankie was lost. No problem. We just kept a close eye out on the remaining blankie.

Until last night.
It was time to put the Caboose to bed when we realized that blankie had been left at Nanna and Grandpa's house.

8:00 "I'll just give him another blanket. I'm sure he'll be fine."
9:00 "Well, maybe he just needs to be cuddled a bit."
10:00 "I wonder if my pajama top with the silky lining with work."
11:00 "I think you need to go pick up the blankie."

So this afternoon while running errands, we stopped by the store to pick up this:
A new blankie, with yummy, thick, fleece on one side and silk on the other. It's a replacement for the replacement. Only problem now is that he's started calling my pajama top "blankie" and is insisting on holding both his blankie and my PJs.
Maybe I need to pick up some backup pajamas?

6 comments:

FOX said...

Oh this story sounds so familiar, only for us it was with Jacob. He would never admit this to you but his white knit 'blankie' with its silky edge, is in his room, balled up under his comforter (so none of his friends notice, being 13 and all.)

... good luck with that!

ganelle said...

fox: So, you're telling me that I need to store up enough blankets to last until the Caboose is a teenager?!?! Oh no!!!

Martha said...

Um yeah...Fox is right.
Patrick still has blue blankie and I don't see it going away anytime soon.

the good thing about a quirky kid is, he always knows where it is, or where he has left it. Amazing memory! But, I don't know how we'll all adjust when/if something happens to blankie and Moosey!

But, hey, back up blankie looks very comfie...I think I can understand his attraction.

Mom of Three said...

I saw that blankie when we were leaving the other night and thought that it might be a rough one. Good to see you have another one!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

There is something magical about a blanket! My littlest LOVES the silky side of his blanket. When he doesn't have that he goes from my hair! The older ones have their blankets tucked away for them to have when they're out of the house! :)

tz said...

Jason (my husband not one of th kiddos) has his blankie and clifford from when he was a kid...and no he doesn't still use them but he still has them....