Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Great Outdoors

What I love about camping:
1. Time with our family

2. Being in a beautiful environment.
There are simply not enough trees around where we live!

3. Disconnecting from all electronics.
OK, the DVD player in the car on the way up doesn't count. 'Cuz really, that's just so we are even capable of enjoying reason #1 of why I love to camp.

What I hate about camping:
1. I don't sleep well.
2. I worry the whole time.
We were constantly in the midst of water, fire or steep cliffs.
With a two year old. A very active two year old.
3. There are huge amounts of preparation and put-away.

Why we go camping:
1. The boys love it.
2. It's an easy, close getaway.
3. All things considered, it's worth it.

5 comments:

FOX said...

I just bet your boys were in heaven! It sure looks like heaven. I loved the waterfall/kissing picture.

I do understand what you mean about the worries and stresses that go with bringing a two year old, so you deserve commendations!

Where were you camping at?

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I didn't put the two together. I didn't know you knew my sister. How cool! I'm so glad you had more cute curly haired boys. So cute!

Yes, we are adopting and this has been a trying time for us for sure.

I'm so glad to have heard from you.

I love your blog too.

Take care,

Kyra

ganelle said...

Fox: We hiked Hanging Lake - right by Glenwood Springs. However, we camped another half-hour east of there. It was a bit of a drive, but SO beautiful!

Lorie said...

WOW those are my stompin' grounds!! I recoginzed the Glenwood Canyon, too. (I grew up in Rifle) That's such a pretty area... thanks for the pictures.

Vern said...

It feels like I'm not supposed to mock the kissing/waterfall picture, so I'm conflicted.