Thursday, May 15, 2008

Partly Cloudy with a Chance of Rebellion

Yesterday, as the boys were getting ready for school, Big Boy #1 came downstairs wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Seeing that it's the middle of May, one would expect that shorts and a t-shirt would be appropriate. However, given the bi-polar nature Colorado weather, the high was only expected to get into the mid-50s. So I asked BB#1 to change into something warmer.

Suffice it to say, he was not real happy about having to change his clothes. But, using my mom-powers (i.e. telling him that if he didn't change, he would miss the bus. And if he missed the bus, I would have to drive him. And if I had to drive him that would make me a taxi. And if I was forced to act like a taxi, I would certainly expect to get paid for my service...) He finally changed into long pants and a sweatshirt. Fine.

Then last night as I was getting things ready for the morning, I noticed his pants wadded into a ball at the bottom of his backpack. What? I started thinking back - he was wearing shorts after school. Huh?

OH MY GOSH! The child put shorts in his backpack and changed at school!

When did my nine year old boy turn into a fifteen year old rebel?

7 comments:

FOX said...

Ok the taxi part, and your whole sequence of consequences totally cracked me up!!!! It was like artistic poetry!!!!!

PS yup! You are so in trouble!!! (the shorts in the backpack!) That is so something my Savannah would do!!!

Martha said...

OH NO...next thing you know...he'll be ditching his lunch in favor of just some chocolate chip cookies and a diet coke...

Seriously, our days are numbered here too...we're seeing daily signs of the 'tude emerging from my usually sweet things.

Mom of Three said...

Maybe he is catching the bad mood that I have been in every other day here too! What is with this weather!!!

Jody said...

Very funny Ganelle. I'm enjoying reading your blog!

tz said...

You're scaring me!
and yes, the taxi-thing, brilliant and will be stolen by the parents of the Zimmer household!

Brittany said...

Oh watch out for that one, he is way to smart already if he is pulling that! However, it did make me laugh

Vern said...

this is what happens when you get a little too cocky about "Things I Won't Have To Deal With By Having All Boys". Usually it's girls with the miniskirt and makeup. I'd like to change the title of this post to "Poetic Justice".