Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight: The Movie


I have had a strange love/hate relationship with the Twilight books. They drive me a bit crazy, and yet, I can't help but love to read them. And of course, after reading all four books, I had to go see the movie. On the first day.

It's always a little disorienting to watch a movie after reading the book. The mental picture I had of Edward, Charlie, Jacob, Rosalie, etc. didn't match what I saw on the big screen. While I was a bit disappointed with that feeling of disconnect, the music and breathtaking scenery pulled me into the story in a way that that only film can manage.

What did I think? I liked it. In fact, I really liked it. One of my big issues with the books is that I am not a big Edward fan. Their relationship always seemed so, um, unhealthy, to me. But I liked him a whole lot more in the movie. When I read Edward saying "you are like heroine to me," I rolled my eyes. But when I heard it? It made me melt just a little. OK, maybe it made me melt a bunch - which really just leaves me feeling plain ol' silly!

The theater was packed last night, so I know I wasn't the only one who saw it. What did you think?

8 comments:

Garity said...

I'm ticked that the actor they have playing Jacob isn't Native American (they have Shark Boy playing him for Pete's sakes!). I'm nutty over the whole idea of Jacob, like I've said before boyfriend/pet all wrapped up into one and no litter box or pooper scooper needed. Even though I'm ticked about it, I'll probably go see it. You know movie tickets here in Mexico City are about $4...ONLY!!!!

Suzanne said...

Do you know how bugged I am that China doesn't have it yet?! But it's all good. They sell the DVD version 2 weeks later for less than a dollar. I'll replay the heroine part over and over and think of you! 'Cause I totally feel like all of you are rubbing it in that I can't see it right now :). I'm going to think jealous thoughts for the next two weeks while I wait!!

FOX said...

Whatever... I am so not into fiction... I don't even know what the books are about...

you guys are such girls! jk

Jenni said...

Well you know I REALLY liked it! I wish I could have gone with you guys! Glad you had a fun time and that Edward won you over on the big screen!:)

Vern said...

I wasn't planning to go see it, but then Cory went to see James Bond with his man friends which left me with a choice - stay home with the kids to watch "Drake & Josh" on Nickelodeon, or go see "Twilight". Edward won. I was bored out of my mind the first half, but left the theater wondering what it would be like to make out with a vampire and wanting very much to give Jacob a haircut. Plus, for the way the book makes Rosalie sound, I didn't think she was pretty enough. How's that for shallow?

Lorie said...

I saw it Saturday and it was pretty good. The images in my mind matched those in the movie. I thought the casting was well done. It was good. I don't understand the hype. It's a good movie but WHY IS EVERYONE GOING SO BULISTIC(sp)???? Go figure.

Cheryl said...

Hey,
I just went and saw the movie and have to admit that I thought I'd be greatly disappointed...boy was I wrong. I'm afraid that now I should join the Twilight fan club and wear an "I love Edward" t-shirt...well maybe not that far. I thought the casting of Edward and Bella was right on and of course I'm biased to the scenery. If anything it made me like the books even more.

Alex said...

Ok, I found your blog on Cheryl's blogroll and I love your blog! I read book 1 and I feel the same way...love/hate. I want to go see the movie.