Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rules of the Game

The boys were recently introduced to the Slugbug/Punchbug game by a friend. (Yeah, thanks for that one!)

There has been some confusion as to the rules of the game. I am here to clear this up:

THE RULES OF THE GAME:


1. When you see a slugbug, you may hit ONLY one person in the car. This is NOT a pass to hit each of your brothers.

2. You may only hit that one person ONCE. One punch, one person, per car. Multiple hits = taking advantage of the situation.

3. When you hit your one person, do so LIGHTLY. If anyone screams "OWWW!!!" after your victory, you have hit too hard. I say, aim for something close to a tap (which will likely feel like a medium hit to whomever is on the receiving end.)

4. It is not enough to SEE the VW bug, you must be the first one to CALL it out loud. You may not argue about who was the first to see the car.

5. If you mistakenly call out "Slugbug" but the car turns out to be something else, whomever you hit may hit you (lightly) back. However, if the confused person DID NOT hit, no one may hit them.

6. There is NO such thing as "Slug-truck" or "Slug-speedy car" or even "Slug-fire truck." VW Beetles - that's it.

See, it's all really simple. Just follow the rules, and you can continue with this parent-approved game of attack.

4 comments:

YouHaveHowMany? said...

This game has been alive and well in our family for a while. I got so frustrated one day by the not-so-lightly punching of brothers when I suggested "Hug Bug" instead. Never did I think it actually might keep hold until I got out of the car and Ammon just about squished my lungs into my throat. "There's a hug mom. For the hug bug." After I got my breath back I realized that I don't mind a debilitating hug if it means a) I get hugs from my boys and b) less drama in the car! Thanks for posting the rules. I might have to share them! :)

Christine said...

I think you should print, laminate and post the rules in the back of your car, like Taxi's have all their rules. You could even have a dry erase marker so people can initial they have read and agree to the rules before you start moving your vehicle. :)

Mom of Three said...

Yep, sounds about right!

LuAnne said...

Ganelle, you are hilarious! I love it! I hope you and your family are doing well.