Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Best Thing to Happen to TV Since the Remote Control

We did it. I finally talked Diamond into getting DVR.

I realize we are behind the curve on this one, but I'm already hooked. I can watch my shows anytime? Without commercials? (It's a little sickening to realize that I was watching as much at 4:30 of commercials for every 10 minutes of a programing. ) This is amazing!

It's a little like getting our first remote controlled TV. We had one of those big console TVs (part furniture, part cutting-edge technology) that had to be changed manually. I remember fighting with my sibling about who had to get up to adjust the volume or change the channel (ya know, from ABC to NBC.) Then we got a new TV with a remote, and all of a sudden we could just SIT and change the channel?!? Mindblowing!

Yeah, I don't see us ever going back.

5 comments:

Vern said...

Hmmm...I see ONE show for Dave and FIVE shows for you. Sounds about right.

Cheryl said...

You need to add "Glee" to your options...you'd love it!!!

Krista and Jeff said...

The best part (sorry Ganelle) is recording the BYU games...instant replay and pause to see if the knee is down or the foot is in :) :) Still have the BYU v Utah games from last year on the recorder and watch it when we miss football too much...or just happen to play it when we know or Ute brother in law is stopping over ...LOL My saving grace is Dora is on anytime-because we all know when little ones want a certain show it is never on!

Mom of Three said...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as Vern!

ganelle said...

Krista: THAT is how I talked him into getting it. If you notice the timing - right before BYU football begins!
Vern: Actually, make it four shows for me, two for the boys, and NONE for Dave. That'll change as soon as BYU starts up. (See above!)
Cheryl: I've heard great things, but it's always one in the middle of homework/bedtime. NOW I can check it out!