Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Carpool Craziness

THIS kid begins school at 7:25 and finishes at 2:45.

But THIS kid doesn't start school until 9:05. He is done at 4:00.

And even THIS kid has a school schedule to be worked in, beginning at 8:45 and winding up at 1:45 (3x a week.)

It takes over an hour and half each morning to see all the kids off to school, and it takes another two hour window to get them home. Umm, I don't think so.

After more collaboration and negotiation than the Israelis and the Palestinians have ever managed, I am now involved in THREE separate carpool schedules, made up of NINE different families.

Should we start laying bets now as to how long it will be before I blow it, and leave some poor child waiting on a curb somewhere???
***************************************************
On a related note: BB#1 is loving middle school. "It's not what I expected and it's waaaay different from 5th grade, but in a good way." BB#2 is concerned that the boys in his class may not like sports enough, and the Caboose keeps explaining to me that girls have no business whatsoever sitting next to the boys during circle time. Things seem to be proceeding pretty much as expected. Very good.

5 comments:

Danae said...

Oh Man! That sounds exhausting! Good Luck!

Julie Ramsay said...

Sounds looooovely! I've got 3 different schedules too but all schools are within walking distance so most of them will have to get themselves there...I'll walk the little ones :)

Mom of Three said...

I thought that I had it rough. Good luck, and they all look really cute!!

Kari said...

Hope you survive your carpool schedule! That is totally crazy!

Vern said...

It would be so much easier if the Israelis and Palestinians would do carpool. They would just blow all the cars up!