Saturday, August 28, 2010

Class of 1990

See the person on the left of the page with the red circle around their head, and a fist covering their face? Well, that's me, twenty years ago. And this picture is Fairport High School's class of 1990.

Tonight is our 20th reunion. And I'm not going.

It's not that I didn't have fun at prom:

It's not that I didn't enjoy graduation:

It's more that I just don't really care.


While I had plenty of friends in my class, my closest friends all seemed to be a year ahead or behind me - if they attended FHS at all .

.





I'd love to be a fly on the wall and just watch everyone, but I don't really want to expend the energy to actually speak to these people. Plus? It's in NY, and there is NO way I'm putting out the cash for a trip to Rochester. 'Course, even if I was in town, I doubt I would go. I just wasn't all that into high school.

I'm hoping that people will post pictures on Facebook so I can see how the night went. Wait! I think I deleted most of my FHS friends from Facebook awhile ago.

See what I mean?

8 comments:

Kari said...

I totally understand what you mean. I didn't go to mine last year either. I saw pictures and all that they did was drink. Plus if i wanted to see or talk to friends from HS, I would still be in touch with them.

Mom of Three said...

I still can't believe it has been 20 years!

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

I went to mine last year, just to fulfill my curiosity. I had a better time than I thought I would, but I don't think I'll need to do that again. Also, I could drive to NY and stay for free at the in-laws. That made it much more convenient!

Julie Ramsay said...

I went to my 10 year and the family picnic was great. Everyone was socializing with everyone and it was great. In the evening I didn't like it because everyone was drinking and people sat at tables with their friends...it was lame. You won't miss anything I'm sure.

Martha said...

I'm with you on this one. I'm finding high school is much more interesting now that I'm on the "other side" of the desk!

Kristi said...

Amen! My 20th reunion is being held only a few miles away (in Oct) and I have NO DESIRE to go. I keep hearing about people flying in from around the country, and I'm not even interested in driving a couple of miles. Now, a Raintree roomie reunion!? That I would LOVE! Hogi Yogi anyone?

ganelle said...

OOhh Kristi! I would LOVE a Raintree reunion! Ya know, with Allison living nearby, Janice in Grand Junction, etc. I bet we could pull it off! Maybe even talk Lauren into flying out??? Of course we'd have to add in some cookie dough and diet Coke!

Vern said...

Are you sure it's not too late to do a quick visit, just to prove to the people that your hair has come a long way?