Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Space Cowboy

Last night was the Space Derby for Big Boy #1's Scout Troop. "Space Derby?" you may be asking yourself? Who knew there WAS a space derby?


Seriously, they are killing me with all these derbys! The Pinewood Derby was a disaster with BB1 crying the entire way home. The Raingutter Regatta was much better with BB1 taking first place. Now we have to make another balsam wood project? (And when I say "we", I mean my dad does most of it, and Diamond and I help with the finishing touches.)


So we've now made planes, boats and automobile. Is there a "Train Derby" ???

10 comments:

Danae said...

I love the please please please let me win face!

Vern said...

I don't think this is what Madonna had in mind when she wrote "Like A Prayer".

Vern said...

For future reference, the title "Space Cowboy" made me nervous for a second.

Dodi said...

"Cause I'm a Picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner...."

the5firds said...

Oh, I can't wait! Okay, maybe I can. I have a feeling that with Jason's schedule I might be trying to do some of these without him. Can I call your dad?

Cheryl said...

Maybe it's not so bad having all girls because there is no way I could build those derby automobiles.

FOX said...

Well, did he come close to winning??? Was he happy?

Can you make me a balsam zeppelin for Christmas???

ganelle said...

dodi: I'm glad you caught my Stevie Miller reference!

5firds: No!!! I can't risk him getting burned out and then not wanting to help my boys! I still have two more that haven't even started!

fox: he won his first heat, and came in second on the next heat. It was enough that he was happy with how he did.

And, NO, no balsam ANYTHING for ANYONE!!!

FOX said...

HAHAHA!!!!

Randi said...

Oh, I do NOT miss the cub scout derby days. There are always tears, no matter how you run those things.
Good luck with it!