Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Shopping Spree

Big Boy #1 turned ten on Tuesday. We decided to celebrate his birthday a little differently, and took him on a shopping spree for his big day. His gift? A box full of $1 bills.

After a dinner (and a very large dessert!) I took him to Toys R Us, where he wondered around looking for a place to spend his cash.

At one point he had three different bubble gum machines in the cart, but ended up with much more respectable selections. However, I'm not sure that "The Suite Life: The Game" can ever been called respectable???
Was it a good idea? I'm still not sure. BB1 does not like to make quick decisions (sooo his father's son!) That said, I think it was fun to mix it up a little - plus I had NO idea what to get him. Heaven knows that I would have never come home with The Suite Life game!

8 comments:

Rachel and Steve said...

Has it really been 10 years? I still can picture you pregnant with him like it was just a few short years ago, not 10!!

Vern said...

I love that first picture!

the5firds said...

My kids love it when they get money to go shopping (always from other people not us). I think he did great with the Suite Life Game - can we come play?

Mom of Three said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! It looks like you had a lot of fun with the cash. I'm sure the cousins will have fun playing it as well, we all know how much they like watching it together :)

FOX said...

URGH! My kids are ALWAYS watching that show!!!

You realize that Savannah is going to want to marry him now for the game!

I am with Rachel. I totally remember you pregnant with BB1. I saw your big belly at a church activity and asked you about what you were going to do with teaching and a baby. It does seem like yesterday!

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday BB#1!!!

Great job with the birthday money. I would have never thought that he would want that. Great picture!!

Lorie said...

Why a box of only $1 bills? Isn't that kinda harsh with the inflation and all? :)

Garity said...

Happy Birthday BB#1! I'm with you, cash is best!