Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cutting Curls

I did it. I finally cut the Cabooses hair. He's two years and seven months old, so I suppose it was time.

I decided to take him to one of those kids places - which, it turns out was a good idea - seeing as he was crying hysterically before she even managed her first snip. Thank heavens they had Cars on DVD for him to watch. Once the movie got started and he resettled himself on my lap he was fine.

Me? Well, I felt a lump in my throat when she made her first cut. Seriously? I LOVE my boys curls!

She took THREE inches off. OK, it was definitely time for a trim. He looks like a boy again, which is a good thing, but no-one stopped me at the store today. (Usually several people ask about his curls every time I take him out. Yes! Of course it's natural!)

So I started to worry, did I cut too much off???

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

One of his pictures looks a lot like Michael minus the curls. He's still very cute and the curls didn't go away.

Brandoneous said...

This is Christina,
He looks awesome!!! I love that it is shorter but he still has the curls!!!

Glad you survived.

Garity said...

Yea! He still has curls and you get to enjoy the growing out period before the next cut! Good grief you and Dave have cute kids!

Dodi said...

I have to say, you went shorter than I thought you would... but not too short.

He looks quite handsome - and you still have your darling curly headed baby!

tz said...

nope not too much, still adorable...

Suzanne said...

I cried before I even clicked on the post "cutting curls". Okay, not really.

He looks adoreable. Seriously, I've never seen such a consistent curl, you know usually, it looks loose and tight in some areas. He's got the same size all over. It's adoreable.

And stellar blue eyes. You didn't cut off too much, it looks great!

I remember when Ginger told me when you were pregnant with him. He is almost the same age as my baby (okay, he's not a baby anymore!).

Sitting In Silence said...

Oh he is adorable...they sure are beautiful curls...

My litte Stumpy has curls...but they are the messy type and I just cant bring myself to cut them off yet ?

Aimee said...

He is cute even though he is missing some curls.