Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just Trying to Help a Friend

As many of you know, my BFF Vern and I have been involved in a bit of prank war that has lasted well over ten years. Vern had the last go when she gift wrapped everything in my fridge while I was out of town. Today I decided to provide some improvements to her car. While she was at church. (I think you can be a good person, even if you play a prank on someone while they are preoccupied at church, dontcha think?)


Of course, being the good friend that I am, I started out by doing some service. Her back window was awfully dirty. (BB#2 took some of these pitchers, so they are a tad blurry.)
Once her window was all clean, it looked a little plain. I figured I would jazz it up with some decals.
When it was all done, I thought it looked pretty good. Definitely an improvement.

Each decal was selected carefully to reflect Casa de Vern. (For those of you who know Vern, she has two kids, but I figured that she probably has extra kids just hanging around. And I'm sure there's been a rooster in the yard at least once - maybe.) I'm particularly fond of how Cory is so proud that "My wife is HOT!"

Despite the fact that I was done working on her car by 1:00 this afternoon, she didn't notice until after 5:00. It leaves me a little concerned that her teenage driver wasn't checking her rear view mirror very well.

I can't take too much credit for this. I really just copied the prank that Dodi, Martha and the other Parkview ladies pulled on Tracy. But it was SOOO clever, I just knew it was perfect for Vern.

I did make Vern promise to leave the decals on for at least a little while.

4 comments:

Vern said...

I'll try to give it two weeks. What's hilarious is that I didn't even notice the L-O-V-E stickers until I read this post!

Julie Ramsay said...

Such a cute idea!

Dodi said...

I love how they aren't noticed right away!! (You should leave the love sticker... and perhaps the rooster.)

tz said...

I still have my love sticker on mine...and left all my 'sister-wives' on my car for a couple of months...but I'm lazy that way (fyi, you can tell vern, after a really good rain and those pampered chef plastic scrapers are the best way to remove the stickers).

I love that you did this while at church...