Thursday, July 22, 2010

Entertainment Value

I'm throwing these guys overboard.

And using my powers of parental control to block these guys out.

Frankly, I'm pretty much over the Disney channel. All the back-talking, the rudeness, the selfish and egocentric behaviors of these characters are the absolute opposite of what I want my kids to behave like.
And, unfortunately, it seems like my boys are acting more and more like Zach and Cody every day.

While I'm the first one to mock the way the Beaver would say things like "Golly Dad!" I'm kinda wishing my kids could have something a bit more tame to entertain them.

Diamond has talked about getting rid of satellite all together. We compromised by blocking Disney and Nickelodeon.

It's been a few days and I'm seeing an improvement in my kids already.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

We don't have cable and I'm grateful because my girls are forced to watch shows like,"Little House on the Prairie" and "The Brady Bunch". They may say things like groovy, but oh well!!

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

I am so glad I'm not the only parent who hates The Suite Life and all those other Disney and Nick shows!! I totally agree with your blocking those channels.

Mom of Three said...

Yeah, I'm glad that we don't have those channels either. I think that there is a total lack of respect on those shows. Way to take the plunge!

Dodi said...

Seriously, my kids haven't been able to watch "suite life" in forever. It's SO bad. I allow Wizards, but really only because I think it's kind of funny and my kids like Selena Gomez a lot. (And, as far as role models go? She's pretty much the only girl on Disney I approve of.)

There is a lot of animal planet and cartoons here when they're watching tv... and my baby likes the food network!