Friday, June 25, 2010

Nine

Big Boy #2 turned nine yesterday and after spending the day at Cub Scout Day Camp, we let him pick a restaurant to celebrate. With eight hours outside in 90' heat, BB#2 picked Red Robbin, opting for both a shake AND a sundae! (This is were I insert that Diamond wins Husband/Father of the Year for taking a day off work to take BB#2 to camp, so I didn't have to. Did I mention the 90' heat, or the million sweaty little boys, or the porta-potties? Ugh!!!)

For his present, we decided to give him a "shopping spree" - a pile of one-dollar bills and an evening with mom to spend it all. He was just jazzed to play with the cash!

It's actually a bit of a tough thing: to have money burning in your pocket, figuring out what is of highest priority, making sure not to go over your budget, etc. But I think he was pretty happy with the results.


So here's BB#2 at age NINE:
-Likes: social studies, watching and playing sports, "adventures", treats, playing games, cuddling with mom, wii, playing ball with dad, staying in hotels, puzzles, sports cards
-Dislikes: fire coral, going to bed, not being able to do everything BB#1 can do, sleeping in his room, chores, shopping for household things
-Good at: sports, reading, making people laugh, writing, archery (at Cub Camp)

I love you tons bud. I'm so glad you are part of our family!

3 comments:

Danae said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a perfect day to me!

Mom of Three said...

What a great day! I can't believe he is getting so big. BTW~ love the shaved head!!

Vern said...

I have NEVER seen his hair that short! Happy bday dude.