Saturday, June 19, 2010

No Longer a Queen

After sixteen years of marriage, we finally traded in the Queen.

And upgraded to a King sized bed.

Dave is wondering why we need so many pillows - 14 in all. What a boy! I think they look great.

While it hasn't been a super dramatic change, I have noticed a few things:

1- Getting into this bed is a bit like climbing a small mountain. Do you see how HIGH this thing is - especially compared to our old bed? The boys literally take a running start.
2- It takes a long time to make a bed that has 14 pillows on it.
3- When the boys and I are reading in my bed at nighttime, we actually fit.
4-Handing down our old queen to BB#2 has not stopped him from coming into our room at around 1am every night. And despite the bigger bed, he continues to occupy the floor.
5- I've really enjoyed spreading out in my sleep, but Diamond continues to occupy the same small space on his side of the bed. He has no more sleeping room than before, while I have a managed to commandeer 2/3 of the bed.

I have a friend who told me she wouldn't want a King - she likes sleeping closer to her husband. How sweet. Me? I like my two-thirds of the bed.

Love ya babe!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Awesome! Looks great! We only did a queen for about 2 weeks when we were newlyweds before quickly upgrading to a king. I need my 2/3 of the bed too!:)

YouHaveHowMany? said...

What mattress did you get? It looks an awful lot like mine. How fun! I thought it was great to snuggle all the kids in too, until they realized there's enough room (or so they think) for them ALL, ALL NIGHT LONG!! Not so much anymore, that's what a door lock is for! :)

Cheryl said...

That's a beautiful bed!! I so want a King...someday. My #2 does the same thing every night...she loves to come and sleep on our floor. It is kind of sweet though :) BTW, we went to 7 peaks last night and it was a blast!!!

Kari said...

How fun to get a new bed. We have a queen because my hubby moves over next to me no matter what size of bed. Hopefully in a few years he will out grow that so we can get a king!

Martha said...

The new bed? Looks fit for a queen and king...but apparently made for a bed-hogging diva?

(but seriously, I don't think you are a diva...I mean if he really only uses one corner of the bed to sleep, it's not like you are forcing him to that tiny quadrant, right? You are just a practical girl: taking up most of the bed will avoid creating that lump in the middle from the space that never gets slept on).

Hope your son finds his way back to his room soon. We had a run of a Thing being afraid of his room...lasted a couple weeks and now he's fine.