Saturday, August 29, 2009

Preschool

After weeks of anticipation, the Caboose was finally able to start preschool this week. He was beyond excited about the whole process. He had packed and repacked his backpack multiple times, had several different snacks ready to go, and was thrilled to be a Big Kid.

We decided to put him into a home preschool, run by a friend of mine who is as sweet and kind as Mary Poppins herself. She's one of those people who greets each child with her arms out and a giant smile. (Reason number 518 of why I taught high school instead of preschool: no mandatory hugging.)



After the first day he came out saying he had made some friends, had great fun, and wanted to go back - NOW! Every morning he asks if he can go to preschool and is quite disappointed when it's not his day. I love that he loves it so much!

As for me? This is the first time I have ever had 2 1/2 hours 2x a week all to myself! This week I exercised, helped a friend pack for her upcoming move, and volunteered at school. As great as it was, I have to say I missed that little guy. It's been just the two of us in the day since he was born. Still, I found myself wondering if the movie theater has showings as early as 9:30...

3 comments:

Mom of Three said...

He looks so cute! How fun that he gets such a good school to go to!

FOX said...

Oh I am so glad the caboose no longer has to watch the two other boys walk off to the bus with their backpacks anymore, without his own class to go too!!! That was pretty sad!!!

Way to go Caboose!!

Anonymous said...

You really should think about attempting particular therapies specifically created for heavy snoring. They can be demonstrated to be efficient and could be the only choice you may have left. You will find an array of therapies used for loud snoring such as specific tonsils sprays, sinus aerosols, sinus pieces, and even dental pieces. [url=http://www.xxxw12woo.info]mou7j7kai[/url]