Monday, August 3, 2009

Instead of Blogging...

We have been all kinds of busy this summer. My plan of daily chores, schoolwork and play worked out quite well.

The boys did their fair share of things like this:

(Of course, they felt like they had waaaay too many chores.)

We did a ton of this:

(BB#1 getting some tutoring help with his spelling from my mom.)

Spent some time here:

(And read almost every night in bed.)

But we also did this just about every evening:

Enjoyed way too much of this:

(Yuuummmm, Sonic diet-Coke with extra ice and lemons...)

Did this a couple days a week:

(Swim lessons with a way fun college student.)

And even fit this in more than once:


Add in our trip to Florida, Grandparents coming from Utah, a few movies, and plenty of playdates, and we really had a great summer. Just enough structure to keep us all sane balanced with a good amount of play.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Yummy Sonic. We love sonic too. It looks like you guys had a great summer!

Mom of Three said...

I don't know about you, but this summer went waaaay too fast! It looks like a good one for you though.

Vern said...

Hm, that made me tired.

Garity said...

Just reading this made me miss you guys! I need a Sonic diet coke bad. The diet coke here in Mexico tastes different and I'm not a huge fan. I also miss libraries! Who would have thought libraries would be one of the things missing from overseas living?