Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fishy Update

The day we lost Red Window III I wondered aloud how long it would take for the family to notice the poor fish had even died. Here's my report:

Big Boy #1 learned about the demise of his pet fish the same way he learned about Santa - via my blog. (Seriously?!?! I've got to find a way to filter this better!) It took a few days, but he eventually checked my blog and learned the truth.

Diamond learned about Red Window III the same way.

Big Boy #2 has YET TO NOTICE!!! It's been almost three weeks and while he has asked "Mom, are still feeding the fish?" he hasn't noticed the empty spot on the kitchen counter between the phone and the cookie jar.

Yeah, we definitely should NOT replace that fish.

5 comments:

FOX said...

LOL!!! Sometimes after I come up with a nice 'clandestine' title for a post (to stay edgie...lol) I will log back on later and see that Evie has left me a comment, and I will be like... DOH!!!!

Poor fishy!!!

So now that you have let the 'cat out of the bag' about Santa and the fish... maybe you should just plan now to have 'the talk' about the birds and bees with BB#1 via your blog!! That would be a whole lot easier you know!!!!

ganelle said...

So funny! I hadn't thought of teaching the facts of life over my blog. I could have him leave any questions in the comment section!

But BB1 has long ago learned about the birds and bees. He's too interested in how things work, and asked good/detailed questions long ago...

Garity said...

I'm the one in the family who says "hey kids, go tell dad you want a _______ for a pet" Kris has to put up with me draging the animals in with claims that the kids said they wanted one. Our first cat, I didn't even tell Kris we got one. He was out of town and when he got back it was several days before he even noticed we had a cat. I draw the line at dogs though since I refuse to shovel poo or step in surprises in the lawn/garden. If the poo is contained then it's an ideal pet.

Hmmmm, maybe my kids need a beta....

Mom of Three said...

Here is my thought, if they want to replace him, have them save their money and get one. Then make it really clear, that you will no longer be taking care of it. It has worked with Gem, and she has been doing a great job of taking care of her fish.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You blog!?! How have I not known about this before?