Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Monsters!

I just spent the morning hiding from monsters under the Caboose’s blankie:


He would whisper “It’s alright, I’m here.” or “Spiderman will protect you.” or “I gotcha.” or “Jesus loves you.”

Then, “THERE’S A MONSTER!”

At which point he would throw off the blankie and shout “GO AWAY MONSTERS!!!”

Then, laughing, we would cover ourselves up, and do it all over again.


Usually my time is busy with the demands of life, but today, well, today was a great way to spend a morning!

6 comments:

Dodi said...

Oh, to hear those giggles!

the5firds said...

You are way more fun than I am. We spent the morning cleaning the tornado hit bedroom of Lou. "See Mom, it goes so much faster when we work together."

Cheryl said...

Annie says, "How did you get the no monster sign?" Also, "That's pretty scary because I always am scared of monsters when I go to the restroom in the morning."

Annie likes looking at your blog with me!!!

Garity said...

Creating worthwhile memories for sure! Braedon had a thing about protecting us from monkeys...he still remembers and mentions sometimes that mommy and daddy's bed was "safe" so we'd have to jump on it to get away from the monkeys. Best times ever.

Mom of Three said...

I can just hear him! I love that Spiderman is part of the hero list...welcome to my world!

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to spend a morning.