Friday, April 17, 2009

In Memory

It is with sincerest regret that I announce the passing of Red Window III. A beloved but often neglected beta fish of Big Boy #1, Big Boy #2 and the Caboose.

Red Window III comes from a long line of red Beta fish. Red Window senior was poisoned when Big Boy #1 decided to give him a "bath" by adding dish soap to his bowl. Red Window Jr. died while being watched by a neighbor.

It appears Red Window III died of natural causes - he was several years old. It's either that or starvation.

While three little boys rarely noticed him and never, ever fed him, they did enjoy listing "fish" as their pet on various school papers.

Red Window III is survived by his life companion Blue, another Beta fish. Interment will be in the powder room toilet. Please send money in lieu of flowers.

(Nana, if you are reading this: please don't buy them another one, we still have one good fish and I am kinda curious as to how many days it will take for them to even notice he's gone. To be honest, I'm not sure how long he's even been dead.)

10 comments:

Krista and Jeff said...

I'm sure Grandma Smith will take great care until he and the boys meet again!

Anonymous said...

Sheeeeessshhhhhh....could the cause of death been that there was one tablespoon of water left in the bowl??? :) Who am I to judge?..I don't have the cleanest record when it comes to keeping animals alive.

ganelle said...

Anonymous: You are probably right. I took WAY to much liberty with the "they don't need a lot of water, and they don't need to eat that often."

I'm a murderer!

Jenni said...

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your fishie - he had a way cool name!:)

Vern said...

Man, I wish I was as creative as you guys when it comes to naming fish.

FOX said...

Ganelle, evies beta (Avril Lavigne) died on Easter... ummmm... is that a good excuse to talk about the resurrection? (actually we really did.)

You are luckier than me though, cuz I was already sucked into buying a new one!!!

But anonymous, I am sure ours died of the one tablespoon of water fate also!!!!

Cheryl said...

So is that a picture of the viewing?? We shall be thinking of you during this tragic time in your lives. I love what Krista said! If anyone will keep your fish well fed it's Grandma!

Julie Ramsay said...

Our thoughts are with you!

Dodi said...

sprinkle in a few flower petals for me before the big flush.

amber said...

I love the before and after honeymoon pics!!!