Monday, March 16, 2009

Crunch!

This past Saturday morning, I was innocently sitting at a red light when all of a sudden...

I was in the far left lane, when a Cadillac in the middle lane totally slammed into a Civic that was also in the middle lane. The Cadillac then ricocheted off the Civic and into me.

The good news? No one was hurt. The Civic was totaled and the Cadillac was pretty beat up too. While I was able to drive home from the accident, we currently can't open the back passenger door and there is a really awful sound whenever I turn left. I guess it's drivable- so long as I am willing to drive in circles.

Diamond has never been in so much as a fender-bender, yet I somehow I manage to get in accidents while at a COMPLETE STOP at a red light! Other accidents I've been in:
-I hit a deer (Officially that's considered an act of God. Makes a girl wonder...)
-I hit a power lawnmower that was randomly careening across a six lane road.
-I hit our mailbox (OK, that one was just me being stupid.)

I've spent a ton of time on the phone with insurance companies today and Diamond is currently driving a rental. While it's been a pain, I'm truly grateful we weren't just one lane over (makes me shutter to think -both big boys were in the back of the car.)

The woman driving the Civic called her boyfriend to come and get her. His reaction was the best of all. "MAN! I just WASHED that car!!!"

12 comments:

FOX said...

OH Ganelle, I am sooooo glad you and the boys are ok. How totally scary. I think you need some chocolate to help you feel better!

Garity said...

I don't even want to think of you being one lane over! What was the response of the guy who caused it all in the caddy? Glad you are all safe and feeling for you with the insurance nightmare.

YouHaveHowMany? said...

So glad your're safe! Maybe next time you should be more careful... you know those red lights can be so dangerous!

Dodi said...

my favorite part of this is that I saw Ganelle on Saturday - and she'd been in the car with us for like 15 minutes before she even brought it up! No stress, it was all, "Oh, I was in a car accident today."

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness no one was hurt. I do get the washed car bit however. We wash so seldom, it would be a waste of a good car washing.

Vern said...

You think that just because you have a blog that you don't get to call me when crap like this happens? I don't even know you anymore.

Mom of Three said...

I tell you, you must have done something to the car accident fates! Hopefully you will have a a fixed up car soon.

Jyl Clark said...

I'm glad no one was hurt! That stinks to take care of though!!

Brittany said...

I feel your pain...I have wrecked 2 cars, while Chris is still at 0! Sometimes those things just jump out at you.
On a lighter note, I am glad that everyone is okay!

Krista and Jeff said...

so glad you are ok...that kind of thing shakes me up!

Jenni said...

Oh no! I'm glad everyone is okay! I laughed at the boyfriends reaction - too funny!

Suzanne said...

I too have never actually hit another car... just my husband's... twice, when it was parked in the driveway. Yes, love those 'mailbox-hitting' experiences. Makes you sick to the stomach at the time.

So what, are you getting a new car out of it??!