Friday, March 20, 2009

And the Winner Is...

The Avs games (that we only had two tickets to) was last night. Diamond ended up taking Big Boy #1.

I have to thank everyone out there for their great advice. There was quite a contingency that thought Big Boy #2 should have the tickets. But a couple people (coincidentally, that have big families) suggested that we come up with an alternative activity for whomever didn't get to go to the Avs game. We put the two ideas together and this is what we came up with:

-We decided that we would buy a couple tickets to a CO Rockies (baseball)game.
-We then then asked BB#2 if he would rather go to the Rockies or the Avs game.
-BB2 opted for the Rockies, so we offered the Avs tickets to BB1.

Everyone was happy. Phew!
I just hope BB2 isn't expecting seats this good for the Rockies game!

******************************************************

After reading all the books, I finally saw the Shopaholic movie this past week (OK, I realize I'm slow to get to the theater.) I'm still not so sure if I liked it or not. It's just so different from the book, that I'm still trying to process it. And when I say different, I don't mean "artist license" type of different, I mean a vastly different story. I would say it makes for a good rental. Of course the books were WAY better - but that's nothing new is it?

5 comments:

Dodi said...

Follow the link to find something with your name on it!

http://djmlife.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-been-given-couple-blog-awards.html

Danae said...

I am happy that it turned out to be a win-win. I will have to remember that for our kids. It looked like a blast!

Garity said...

Ok, you are the diplomat of the year! What a way to solve the problem (and I'll admit that solution didn't even cross my mind)

As for the Shopaholic series, if they are that diferent from the movie I may just give them the time of day. I did read "The Host" and was pleasantly surprised since it would have never been the kind of book I'd read (if you've read one alien book you've read them all kind of thing), I actually LOVED it!

Mom of Three said...

Glad everyone was happy with the way things worked out. Sorry that the movie was a bust. BB#1 looks thrilled!

Nana said...

I love your blog! Knowing your boys, it makes me laugh. My hat is certainly off to you. I had enough trouble with one girl!! I love you and your family.