Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic is a really funny, light, entertaining read. Perfect for Christmas break. This book tells the story of Rebecca Bloomwood, a writer for a financial magazine who is seriously unbalanced when it comes to controlling her own money. She schemes and lies and tries every crazy way to afford the latest pair of shoes, but finds herself in more and more trouble. It's the kind of book where I was cheering for her, and yet totally annoyed by her at the same time. Loads of fun!

The good news is that this book began a series of Shopaholic books. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic and Baby... I've already ordered up Manhattan and Ties the Knot. I'll let you know about those.

Apparently Hollywood found this novel worthwhile and is making it into a movie. But for me, I always prefer to read the book first.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I ordered it and the Princess Academy! Thanks for the recommendations!
Kristie (Cheryl's neighbor)

Jenni said...

I read all the Shopaholics this year and absolutely loved them - SO funny! I really hope the movie is good, but can't really imagine Bex as an American...