Sunday, December 7, 2008

Addicted

I'm addicted already.

I just opened my Facebook account Friday night, and I have already found:
- The girl I worked with at the mall in high school - she's now a doctor.
- The boy I had a crush on from birth to age 12 - he has three kids.
- The kid I sat next to in homeroom for three years - he's gay. (no surprise there!)
- I've found a college roommate, an old student, and a ton of people from the old neighborhood.
- The boy I dated my junior and senior year of high school - ???
(OK, my techo-savvy friends; How do I lurk on Facebook? I found Serious Boyfriend #2, but I don't want to be recognized - and yes, you are seeing a pattern. How do I look at his page without asking to be his friend?)

They get you with the "See Friends" part. It's like solving a mystery you didn't even know existed. "You mean, I can find out if Kate from high school still has Cam as a friend??? How COOL is that!" It's kinda like a class reunion, minus the crash diet.

I find myself checking my Facebook account with a regularity that exceeds my blogging addiction. I've managed to get in a snowball fight and gain 27 friends - all in the last 24 hours. (So far, excellent for my self-esteem.) Problem is, I don't have the time for this!

So, wanna be my friend???

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love facebook too...just like you though, I would love to read cerain people's profiles without having to be their friends...especially boys I dated in college. Soooo cheesey, but we're victim to it!

Suzanne said...

YES, I wanna be your friend! I just joined a year ago, and was stagnant for a year until this last month... I didn't know it was so big!

So what's the snowball fight thing? Do you know your 27 friends? EXCITING. And what does it mean when someone wants to give you a Jane Appleseed or a sticker? So lost.

Jennifer said...

Being a friend in the technology age just got harder for me when I hooked up on Facebook recently. I really don't have the time to be a good friend on there, but when people write on your wall, what can a girl do? I gotta answer back. And now my next door neighbor and I hooked up and talk more on Facebook then we do in person!

I'm on there. Look me up. So is most of the old Park View Ward.

FOX said...

I want to be your friend!!!! I am at the airport right now though, and I can read blogs, but I can't get facebook to come up here.

sheeeeeeeesh!!!!

btw... I find your ex-boyfriend trend to be very entertaining... of course I am just coming home from a cruise with my ex-boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

"Like a class reunion minus the crash diet" - excellent line. Where are all the links to these people? And why is it no surprise that the kid who used to sit next to you is now gay? Was he the only one who wouldn't make out with you or something?

Jody said...

Hi Ganelle - I'm curious who the college roommate was that you found since I think I know most of your old college roommates. I have never been on facebook and I don't think I should as I definitely don't have time right now for an addiction!

Merry Christmas!

tz said...

so completely addicting I've not blogged as much...