Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Look Who's Forty!

Today, my sister turns 40! I have had the pleasure of knowing her for 36 1/2 of those years. I knew her back when she looked like this:

And when she looked like this:

(Really, I couldn't let this momentous occasion pass without at least a couple old, embarrassing pictures!)

So last night, Vern and I decided to kidnap her for dinner and a movie (Australia: two movies for the price of one. But really? I only wanted one movie.) It was a fun, frolicy, snow-filled night - complete with Ginger's husband calling in the middle of the movie to tell her that he was about to be prosecuted for accidentally shop-lifting milk from Wal Mart. Let that be a lesson to you!

So, here's to you sis! You have been my friend from the beginning. You are talented, generous to a fault (think pizza in college) and you have watched out for me my entire life. I can't imagine life without my big sister. Happy Birthday! I love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ganelle, you haven't changed a bit yourself. I especially like the top most pic of you.

You'd think that being a girl, you'd change your hair style a little.

Congrats, Ganelle's sis!

Mom of Three said...

Thanks for posting those gorgeous pictures of both of us! I had a blast with you. Thanks for making that big 40 leap with me!

Jenni said...

Ganelle, those pics of you are great!! Happy happy bday to your sister - sounds like it was a fun celebration!:)

Lorie said...

Aaawww! The two of you together is precious.... now I wish I had a big sister.

Vern said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing out loud right now at those pictures.

the5firds said...

Awesome pictures!

FOX said...

LOVE THE PICTURES!!!!

and Ganelle, you look exactly the same and so cute in that 'little kid' picture... hahaha! I loved it!

Happy Birthday G!!!!!!!

btw... can you keep us update on the WalFart story! That sounds like a good one to follow!