Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Images of Christmas 2008

For our annual Christmas Eve Pageant, the Caboose and his little cousin did have a moment or two of playing a bit rough with our "baby Jesus". Nevertheless, the pageant was a success - Diamond even pulled out his old trombone for a rousing version of The First Noel.

One of our favorite Christmas Eve traditions is tracking Santa on NORADs computerized system. Even Big Boy #1 was fully engrossed in where Santa was last spotted. (Maybe that magic still has some life in it after all...)

Christmas Eve wouldn't be Christmas Eve without setting out cookies & milk for Santa, and carrots & water for the reindeer. We also always lay out towels so Santa's snowy boots don't get the carpet dirty.

One the favorite gifts this year were Bronco's uniforms for the Big Boys. They both wore those helmets for the better part of Christmas day! (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Smith!)

Christmas afternoon we went to my parents house. Nanna bought Grandpa "Guitar Hero" for Christmas - not that they really intended to get much personal play time, but they thought the kids, ahem, grandkids, would enjoy it. (Yes, they are that cool!) They did give it a try though, and even rocked out a bit!

This is what the boys have spent MOST of their break doing. They are thoroughly enjoying having a Wii, and have been spending waaaay too much time playing computerized football, basketball and baseball.


I personally have been relishing in all the family time we've had this past week. Diamond has taken several days off from work, the boys are home from school, and even the phone calls from church have slowed down. Now THAT is a Merry Christmas!!!

6 comments:

Garity said...

Ha! You got your kids a Wii also this Christmas?!?!?! Great minds think alike. Kris finally convinced me that the kids deserved one and I caved. It is the boys' first game system (are we mean parents or what?) and guess who spends the most time on it...yep, my oldest boy Kris (I'm starting to see why he was so persistent). I knew I'd loose my husband with this thing, I haven't even touched it once. He's playing Mario Cart as I type.

Great picture of your mom and dad! Do they know you posted that?

ganelle said...

This is our first system too. I always protested the gaming thing as a waste of time - and they are certainly wasting their time! But at least the wii is more active. That helps me feel a smidge better.

Oh, and Diamond loves it too. After the boys were in bed, he pulled out the football game that #1 bought WITH HIS OWN MONEY, and started playing. Whatever!

As for my folks - I just told them to check out my blog. They'll be fine with it. I hope!

tz said...

oh my gosh, we have the same children's place pajamas this year!
I had no idea norad does that...do me a favor and remind me next year ;)

even when I was a teenager my parents would do something crazy like all of the sudden stop the car (driving home from midnight mass)and start screaming, 'do you see it, do you see it, it's Santa' and even though I was a teenager and knew so much better, I would peek my head out the window and look...we do that with the kiddos now too we'll step out on the porch and start yelling at the kids to come out...funny thing is, they always are able to spot santa somewhere in the twinkling lights of the stars!

Jennifer said...

I love the towel laid down for Santa! That's funny! My kids love NORAD's site too.

Glad to hear the RS Pres calling has been a little less hectic!

The kids got Mario Kart from my sister and Greg has more fun playing with it than they do. It can pick up your DSL signal and you can play with people around the world.

I used to play more on the Wii when we got it last summer, but my time seems more valuable now. We have an X-box360 too (I'm married to a video game junkie!). Between the two systems, Greg and the kids have been playing video games almost non-stop for a week now. Uggh!

FOX said...

ohhhh! Grandma and Grandpa are way cooler than me, cuz' I have yet to play Guitar Hero ever!!!!

... and I can't believe Garity finally bought a video game!!!!

Looks like a great Christmas!!! Happy New Year too!!!

Dodi said...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and enjoy 2009... which I believe the Chinese will declare "The Year of the Wii!"