Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pedicure

Several years ago Diamond got me a pedicure for Christmas. There was a salon on the main floor of his office building that was offering a deal and he thought I would enjoy it. Normally he would be right.

Only problem was that it turned out to be awful! The woman working on me sat me in a folding chair, put my feet in a portable foot bath (the kind you get at WalMart) and proceed to insult me the entire time. She criticized my hair, my feet, and my clothes. I gave her a $5 tip and haven't had a pedicure since.

Until Monday. Diamond's brother brought his family for a visit and my nieces really wanted a girl's day - complete with pedicures for everyone. So, I straightened my shoulders and went with them.


It was FABULOUS!!!

The chair gave me a massage, my nieces were delightful company and get this - no one insulted me! (Maybe it helped they didn't speak English so well?)

Once my thoroughly enjoyable pedicure was over, the women who was working with me walked me over to the drying stand and rubbed my shoulders while my toes dried. It was like mint at the end of a delicious meal.

Afterwards we all went out to lunch. Pure Girl Nirvana.

How in the world I allowed one grumpy nail lady to rob me of days like this is beyond me. I'm just glad that my adorable nieces managed to get me back in the massage chair again!


**********************************************************
Here are some other pictures of their stay:

The Caboose totally fell in LOVE with our niece. He always wanted her, and he ONLY wanted her. It was really cute - until he started calling her Mom.


We also were able to celebrate my birthday together. It was such a fun weekend with family!

10 comments:

FOX said...

Sounds wonderful! I am going to have to try it! I have never had a pedicure!

Happy B-day!!!

Mom of Three said...

I have been worried about getting one. Maybe I should go with the E and experience it. The toes look great!

Vern said...

Our men could get out of a LOT if they just bought us a massage chair.

Garity said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Vern is so right about the massage chair!

Lorie said...

So where is this place and do they exist in Idaho???

allison said...

that's too bad about your first ped. but i'm glad you went again...i would go every two weeks if matt let me...it's so relaxing :)

Dodi said...

I volunteer to go with you next time you get a pedi! I LOVE them - what's not to love? Massage chair, trashy magazines, and cute toes at the end. Bliss.

Brittany said...

Happy birthday!! The pedicure thing is way to much fun. I also had a bad experience several years ago, no folding chair, but still bad. Then I got talked into going again and it was much, much better. I prefer the cheeper places they seem to be better too, go figure, and I am glad to see you are enjoying them too.

tz said...

happy birthday...
glad you had a good experience...really pedicures are a joy for me...

and btw, they look fabulous!

FOX said...

Hey!!!

I went and got a pedicure today!!!

You are such a bad influence!!
JUST KIDDING!!