Saturday, June 11, 2011

Preschool Grad!

My last child had officially passed from preschool into the ranks of an elementary school student. Hard to believe. My babyyyyyy!!!

His little school did a full program, complete with marching in to Pomp and Circumstance and handing out 'diplomas'.
When we first signed the Caboose up for the five hour, three times a week preschool, I was literally nauseous at the thought of having him away from me for so long. It seemed like I was putting my kid in daycare so I could do my calling: NOT OK. Once I got released, preschool did, in fact, became my daycare. I was worked the whole time he was in school, Tuesday and Thursday teaching class and then Wednesday I would spend prepping. It actually worked out perfectly. Plus, he LOVED going to school. Looking back, I couldn't have planned it all better.

I love that my mom is close by and can come to these kinds of events!
The Caboose's teachers were great: Ms. Sally and Ms. Barb. They had great things to say about our little Caboose. He learned a lot that year, including some great beginning reading skills.
With preschool now in the books, I thought a little review was in order.

The Caboose on the first day of preschool with his friends from church. There were FIVE little boys all from church in that preschool class - about 1/3 of the entire class! It was great to see those boys become buddies.
The Halloween party at preschool. The Caboose was Captain America in the back row.
The Christmas program. The Caboose is in the back, right side.
The Caboose, the flesh-nosed reindeer (sung)
The Caboose liked recess and art the best, then snack and lunch next. He looked forward to each day. It was great fun for him!

No comments: