Monday, June 27, 2011

Double Digets

Big Boy #2 turned TEN last week. He is so excited to be in 'double digets' now. Instead of having a big party with a bunch of friends, BB#2 opted for a smaller, longer celebration. So we invited three of his good buddies over for a day of bowling, baseball and a water balloon fight.
The water balloon fight somehow morphed into water kickball, where I would spray whomever had the ball with the hose as they played. They were drenched by the end but loved it!

Dinner was at Red Robbin, complete with shake AND ice cream sundae. Good stuff!

Big Boy #2 at TEN:
LOVES: All sports, but especially baseball and basketball, his Nintento DSi, playing Wii, reading, writing stories, hanging out with his friends, treats (especially Slurpees) adventures, cracking jokes.
HATES: going to bed, weeding, not making as much money as BB#1 does mowing lawns, being worn out, getting bugged by his brothers.
NOTABLE SAYINGS:
"I don't like sleeping. Sleep is boring."
"Where are there the most desserts? THAT'S where I want to go on my mission."
"I'm collecting scars."
"You learn to be a good ducker (as in ducking) when you come from a family of three boys!"

Here is a letter he wrote to his fifth grade teacher 5/31/11:
"Dear Fith Grade Teacher,
    I am looking forward to being in your class next year.  Here are some things about me.  I love to play sports especially basketball and baseball.  I also love to solve puzzles.  I also love math.  I love adding, subtratcting, multiplying, and dividing.  I love to work with fractions too.  I love reading too.  I love verry challenging books with humor, action, and a author who has a wild imagination.  Right now I am reading the Percy Jackson series.  I love it.  Although my favorite subject is social studies.  I really like studying about old people, wars etc.  I pretty much like everything in scoial studies.  I like writing. I write HUGE stories.  I love topics that you can use your imagination.  I'm looking to do many things in fith grade.  I want to learn new things in every subject.  I also look forward to read more challenging books and write longer stories. 
From,
Big Boy #2"
We love you SOOO much buddy! You are smart, funny, kind, warm and good. You bring such humor and light into our family. I can't imagine not having you in my life. I love you more than words could say!

No comments: