Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hired!

Back in February Diamond saw a part-time sociology instructor position that had opened up at the local community college. It sounded like the dream job for me, so I put in a resume and waited.

In April I got an email saying that they would be interviewing in the next month or so. Then I didn't hear from them again.
Until last Friday. I saw the caller-ID come up and thought "No. It couldn't be." The department chair was calling to see if I would still be interesting in the adjunct sociology position. "Um, YES!"

So today I went in to interview. To be honest, it wasn't much of an interview at all. It was more like "Here's your textbook, here's your classroom, here's HR."

I GOT THE JOB!!!

I start the middle of January and I'll be teaching three sections of Sociology 101. My schedule couldn't be more ideal. I teach just two mornings a week. Meanwhile the Caboose has preschool those same days. I'll be finished up in time for afternoon carpool. How perfect is THAT?

This truly couldn't be better. My favorite class, a perfect schedule, great timing. Yeah!!!

You can just start calling me Professor Ganelle ;)

10 comments:

Kari said...

That is amazing!!! How fun for you and at a community college! It sounds perfect! Professor!

Julie Ramsay said...

Oh that is soooo awesome! I totally want a job like that...but not teaching...I'm not good at that. I don't know what I'm good at.... Hey what is your new address? Email me: julie@ramsay.ch

Cheryl said...

That's wonderful!! Congratulations Ganelle...I'd love to come and take a class from you.

Vern said...

Sweet, now Diamond can play "Doctor" all he wants.

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

I was wondering what happened to that position! That is so great!! Congrats Professor.

Maranda said...

yay! congrats! i'd love to be in your class!!

Danae said...

Congrats! That is so awesome. I love the way Professor sounds! Have Fun!

FOX said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS PROFESSOR GANELLE!!!! I am soooooooo proud of you!

You rock and always have. I enjoyed our long visiting teaching sessions of how important school/history/ and the pursuit of further knowledge was.

Those days are what I remember most about you! Of course there is no going back to HS once you have had a taste of college!!!

Of course they don't grow up any between HS and college, They still forget their pencils, only now they can watch 'the office' on their laptops when they do, instead of borrowing one...

but you will love it more than anything in the world. I wish I could be there on your first day... when that pit of excitement in your stomach is preventing you from wanting breakfast and you foot has a little lead in it as you drive to your first day!!!

Please blog all about it!!!

Mom of Three said...

I'm so happy that you find such a perfect job for you and your family!! Congrats again!

Jenni said...

Congratulations!! Sounds like the perfect job for you! You'll be an amazing professor! Wish I could take your class!