Saturday, February 20, 2010

Resume

Last time I did THIS, was fourteen years ago...

It's not that Diamond has lost his job, or that I'm feeling particularly anxious to get back in the work force, but when the PERFECT JOB becomes available, how do you not put your hat in the ring?

A community college near us is looking for a part-time sociology instructor.

Oh, how I LOVE to teach sociology! When I quit teaching high school to be at home with the boys, walking away from soc. was probably the hardest part. Hands down, it's my favorite thing to teach - so interesting, so applicable, so easy to get the kids thinking in new ways. And part-time??? Perfect! Plus, the thought of teaching college is waaaay cool!

Nonetheless, it's been great exercise just to work on my resume. And thinking about teaching again? Well, that just makes me happy!

11 comments:

Garity said...

Ok, my perfect semester would be to take a class from you and one from Christina. Put that on your reference list!

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Kari said...

Good luck with it! I hope that you get the job.

Cheryl said...

I think that you would be a fabulous Sociology teacher for the college level!! I'd come take your class :)

Vern said...

Like it's not enough to just hang out at my house and observe?

Mom of Three said...

So will we have two professors in the family?

Dodi said...

Congratulations on deciding to take a step towards your dream job, I wish you all the luck in the world. Plus? I think anonymous has a crush on you.

FOX said...

sorry I have been gone for so long. Have u submitted? Do u want a proof reader? For a professorship you need a CV instead of a resume usually.

Anyway, I probably missed you anyway. Good luck, hope you get it. We have been having probs around here so I haven't been blogging.

Good luck!!!

Alvey family said...

What??? I won't let you! I can barely keep up with my tier 1 list... don't give me more!!

The Morey Family from Rochester said...

Yay! And good luck!! Dave's sister, Kathy, teaches part-time at BYU and loves it.

ganelle said...

Fox: I don't even know what a CV is! Could you enlighten me please?

Maybe that's why they haven't called...

Alvey: Don't you worry, I'm thinking I'm not so likely to get the job (see above!)