Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's not too often that my name appears on the same program as an APOSTLE!!!

*********************************************************
February 21, 2010

Presiding: Elder L. Tom Perry / The Quorum of Twelve

Attending: Elder Donald L. Hallstrom / The Presidency of the Seventy

Elder Randy D. Funk / Of the Seventy

Conducting: Bishop C. Larsen

Organist: K. Condie
Chorister: D. Smurthwaite

Opening Hymn: # 219 Because I Have Been Given Much

Invocation: Brother D. Crawford

Ward Business:

Sacrament Hymn: # 194 There is a Green Hill Far Away

ADMINISTRATION OF THE SACRAMENT

Speaker: Elder Donald L. Hallstrom

Speaker: Elder L. Tom Perry

Closing Hymn: # 249 Called to Serve

Benediction: Sister Ganelle Smith
*******************************************************
Elder L. Tom Perry came to our ward last Sunday - for what appears to be no particular reason. It was great! He discussed the basics of the gospel - love that. I thought the coolest part was when he called up one little boy and spoke to him individually. There is something powerful about hearing an apostle bear his testimony to a child.

Oh, and I totally snaked a handshake from him at the end.

1 comment:

Garity said...

And it couldn't have been a better choice of an Apostle! I love Elder Perry! I also love the focus on the basics of the gospel this year.

I've never been in a ward where an Apostle has visited. Closest thing has been here in Mexico City, one of the Seventy is in our ward which is very nice. He is so down to earth and I adore his wife. When I told her we were moving to Ogden she gave me a huge hug (she is not a fan of Utah...I know, how cool is that?) but she told me "when I had to move to Utah I was not happy about it but I soon met a sister who said she was praying for someone normal to move into the ward. Someone is saying the same prayer for you" Completely cracked me up.