Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chinatown and Fishman's Wharf

You can't go to San Francisco without spending time at Fisherman's Wharf. We somehow ended up there every single day. 'Course with lots of shopping, restaurants and and the Bay, who could stay away?

Being the bread addict that I am, I was totally looking forward to some San Fran sour dough bread, and this bakery did not disappoint. Maybe the real reason I kept going back to Fisherman's Wharf was for the yummy bread. Mmmmm. (Dave is holding up some sour dough bread creations.)

We stumbled upon this old fashioned arcade - with games back from the days of nickelodeons.

There was also an old WWII submarine that we got to walk around inside of.

Inside the submarine - man those things are crammed! I can't imagine living inside that for months on end!


CHINATOWN

Our hotel was literally next door to Chinatown. We could see the main gate from the window!

It was so fun to wonder around looking at all the souvenirs for sale, seeing barrels full of exotic spices and taking in the beautiful architecture.

Diamond at the gate into Chinatown:

1 comment:

Mom of Three said...

Hey! I don't remember that submarine!! How funny that you go once and see stuff that I haven't seen in the five times I have been there!