Monday, November 3, 2008

A Third Party?

Why I Can't Vote for Obama:
* He is risky. While he is a very impressive man; Harvard Law Review, a family man, etc. that's not enough. His track record is more liberal than I am comfortable with.
* He has bad tastes in friends. I certainly don't hold him accountable for the beliefs of every associate he has ever made, but Reverend Wright? William Ayers? I'm not OK with that.
*Two words: Income Redistribution. HUH? Thanks, but I'd just assume NOT follow France's example in ANYTHING.
Why I Can't Vote for McCain:
* He makes me crazy. If he says "my friends" one more time...
* Buying up all the mortgages and reselling them at their current value??? Are you SERIOUS? I've already bailed out Wall Street, now I'm supposed to bail out the idiot who gambled on his house?
*I'm kinda over the GOP. I thought they were supposed to be the small government, fiscal responsibly people. Yet, when we had a Republican President and Congress they were spending money like a freshman with daddy's credit card. I feel ripped off. If the Republicans aren't going to act with discipline, why should I give them my vote???
* I adore Palin. I want to take her out to lunch and then go see Mama Mia! with her. She's bright, witty and fun (or is that Tina Fay?) However, I simply don't think she is ready to assume the role of President. She's just not.

So what should I do? I'm seriously considering this man. He is running for the Libertarian Party.

Why I MAY Vote for Bob Barr:

* He means it when he talks about fiscal discipline and small government.
* He believes in letting the economy work itself out. He's opposed to earmarks and incentives. He wants alternative fuels, but doesn't want to subsidize ethanol (a product sure to fail.)
* Libertarians are generally more conservative than I am, however, maybe this will send a message to the GOP - that they need to control their spending, reduce the size of government and nominate a better candidate.
* He's not McCain or Obama.

A third party candidate in Colorado, a toss up state? Am I throwing away my vote? Quite possibly. However, I just can't bring myself to vote for McCain or Obama.


9 comments:

FOX said...

I am so enjoying watching Tina Fey!!!

allison said...

i'm with you ganelle...i don't like either candidate. i guess my deciding factor on who to vote for is pro-life.

Mom of Three said...

You know where I stand. Just do what you feel is right. I think that every vote is important and you do have a choice.

Jennifer said...

There are 16 people running for president, so there are lots to choose from. Funny party names too! I considered not voting for pres at all, but the consequences of not at least trying to prevent someone from becoming president who will hurt this nation were too severe for me to live with. I do look forward, however, to a possible GOP housecleaning coming soon! Do what you feel you need to do.

Anonymous said...

The thing I don't get is why everyone isn't done with the Democratic congress (lowest ratings ever for a congress). When do we get to throw them out.

By the way - I am so with you "my friend" (ugh!0

talitha said...

Good luck with your decision. Just so you know, if you pick wrong...you're going to Hell.

No pressure, though.

Vern said...

happy mommy just made me laugh - ditto on the whole "my friends" thing. He should know that when he uses that term with me he ought to at least be buying me lunch on my birthday. All I know is that my TV schedule for the evening has purposely excluded all networks as well as CNN,FNC, or whatever and pulling out my season 2 of "The Office".

Garity said...

Kris and I voted a few weeks ago via absentee ballot...we just plugged our noses and voted against Obama. We've decided we are both just Conservatives alone and no longer members of the GOP.

Dodi said...

you're so not alone. (Yes, I'm just catching up on my blog reading) My darling husband didn't vote for either major party candidate either.