Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas was so crazy this year.  The entire Green clan was heading to Florida to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary - right after Christmas.  Talk about a hectic December!  I was doing everything to prepare for a Christmas, plus getting ready for a trip and then planning the 50th celebration!  Exhausting!  Ginger and her family decided to fly out on Christmas Eve, and my family opted for an afternoon flight Christmas day.  It was a little strange to have Christmas Eve dinner without my sister and her family there.  Still great, but different.

Without Ginger and her family in town, our nativity was  missing several actors.  I was compelled to join the Nativity play - after all, our family is short on Marys. 
 The angel appearing to the shepherd.
 The shepherd coming to worship the baby Jesus (and Joseph). 
 This?  I looooooove!  My sweet little shepherd...
After the Nativity came the pajama hunt.  The kids completed a puzzle, which had a riddle written on  it, directing them to the place where their jammies were hidden.
The boys in their new jammies: with the Broncos having such a great season, our red and green Christmas turned orange and blue!
While talking one evening in mid December, BB#2 kept hinting at all these details about Santa.  I finally said "Did you want to ask me something?"  He did, and I came clean.  He was about 90% there anyway, and I just confirmed what he already knew.  He was pretty excited about it all, and we even let him stay up and help out a bit Christmas Eve.  Despite his new found knowledge, BB#2 was still totally jazzed to set out the milk, cookies and water (for the reindeer). 
Over the last several years, my mom made each of my kids a cool box, complete with lock so they can have a little spot all their own.  This year she made one for the Caboose.  He loves it!  To make it even more special, she added a little music box thing to the top.  Fun!
 Big Boy #2's favorite gift this year?  That's right, Peyton Manning, #18. Look at his face - so great!  
 
Big Boy #1's favorite gift was this banner to add to his Pepsi Light Center.  He was so excited to get such an unexpected gift!
All in all it was a great Christmas.  We had fresh snow on the ground, which made it even more fun leaving for the airport just a couple hours after opening the last of the gifts...

1 comment:

Vern said...

His very own hamper!!