Friday, October 28, 2011

Catching Characters

When we were planning out trip to Disneyland, I had no idea how much the Caboose (and Big Boy #2) would be into getting autographs from the characters. Big Boy #1, not so much.

The king of Disneyland!

The Caboose was SO into it. For him, these characters were the REAL DEAL! It would be like letting me hang out with Bono, Will Smith and Oprah. How cool would that be? For the Caboose, it meant Mickey, Minnie and Pluto.

We had been advised by a few different friends to try out the Disney Character Dining. It was certainly the most expensive macaroni and cheese we've ever eaten, but the kids really did love the time and attention of so many different characters.

The boys at Goofy's kitchen:

There were all kinds of characters there, including Minnie Mouse:

Minnie reacting to a kiss on the nose from Big Boy #1. Love his reaction!

And here we have Fairy Godmother working her magic to turn Big Boy #1 into a prince!

We found Dale, but no Chip:

Of course not all the characters were from the dinner. We happened across Mary Poppins and Bert while walking around Main Street. We had a great conversation about BB#2 being a wizard and kite flying.

We found Woody by Big Thunder Mountain. I could tell Woody was flattered when I told him that he is my favorite. Giddy up!

The Caboose was adamant about waiting to meet Rapunzel. I mean, this was RAPUNZEL, from the movie Tangled. And here she was IN REAL LIFE! (Not surprisingly, the Big Boys were not about to wait in line and opted to go on a ride instead.)

Then we meet Snow White as well. Ever since our trip to Disneyland, the Caboose has been on a bit of a princess kick. He's been asking for Tangled things for Christmas and reading princess books. It's all been very amusing.

Diamond put Big Boy #1 up to offering Snow White an apple. She was most gracious (as Snow White is bound to be) as she explained that "I don't take apples from strangers anymore!" So funny!

Pluto

If I was going by myself, I doubt I would have opted to wait in line to meet the characters from Winnie the Pooh.

But when you see the look on this kid's face. Ooh! He is so delicous to me!

Even though it's blurry, this is my very favorite picture of all. Love that Tigger!

No comments: